Can't write CD's after XP2 install

August 14, 2005 4:03:02 PM

I use Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.1.1 (the one bundled with the manufacturer's
install of XP). After installing XP2 I get write errors when I
right-click-Send a file to the CD writer drive.

The Roxio Tech Support Website says that this version of Easy CD Creator is
not compatible with XP2, and it invites me to spend $70 to upgrade to Easy
Media Creator 7.5 . I don't want to pay for a bloated software program just
in order to write a CD.

Is there a better way to regain my CD wirting capability?

Thanks for your attention and help.

More about : write xp2 install

August 14, 2005 4:50:34 PM

Hi, John, you can use "Sonic's DLA" it's $29.95 and it worked for me.
Gerry

"John James" <JohnJames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.1.1 (the one bundled with the manufacturer's
> install of XP). After installing XP2 I get write errors when I
> right-click-Send a file to the CD writer drive.
>
> The Roxio Tech Support Website says that this version of Easy CD Creator
> is
> not compatible with XP2, and it invites me to spend $70 to upgrade to Easy
> Media Creator 7.5 . I don't want to pay for a bloated software program
> just
> in order to write a CD.
>
> Is there a better way to regain my CD wirting capability?
>
> Thanks for your attention and help.
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 7:37:40 PM

Hi,

Choices are limited. Either:

- pay for the upgrade
- remove Roxio and try something else (nero or alcohol work well)
- remove Roxio and use the native imapi program (very limited in scope)

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"John James" <JohnJames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.1.1 (the one bundled with the manufacturer's
> install of XP). After installing XP2 I get write errors when I
> right-click-Send a file to the CD writer drive.
>
> The Roxio Tech Support Website says that this version of Easy CD Creator
> is
> not compatible with XP2, and it invites me to spend $70 to upgrade to Easy
> Media Creator 7.5 . I don't want to pay for a bloated software program
> just
> in order to write a CD.
>
> Is there a better way to regain my CD wirting capability?
>
> Thanks for your attention and help.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:54:07 AM

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBKYW1lcw==?= wrote:

> Is there a better way to regain my CD wirting capability?

Sure. Do a google search for fee cd burning applications.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
!