Can not delete file

Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete it
I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am
still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there some
way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it. It is 0
bytes big. HELP!
Thanks.

--
LMO
"O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,

    MANUALLY DELETING STUBBORN FILES
    http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

    You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081

    Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

    ---

    Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

    Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

    Scroll down to Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
    ---

    How To Delete "Undeletable" Files And Folders In XP
    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

    "Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298345

    You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

    You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders from a
    Mounted Drive
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319368

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:ddo5kp$l77$00$1@news.t-online.com,
    Glen Corlin <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

    Use kill box http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

    "Glen Corlin" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
    > Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete
    > it I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase
    > that program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I
    > am still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there
    > some way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it.
    > It is 0 bytes big. HELP!
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > LMO
    > "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
    > To see oursels as others see us."

    I use a program called unlocker, its great, just right click on the
    file / folder and the contect menu does the rest

    http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

    Looks good I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.

    Glen Corlin wrote:

    > Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
    > Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete it
    > I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
    > program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Tr to delete it in Safe Mode!

    "Glen Corlin" wrote:

    > Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
    > Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete it
    > I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
    > program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am
    > still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there some
    > way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it. It is 0
    > bytes big. HELP!
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > LMO
    > "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
    > To see oursels as others see us."

    Tried that. No joy. I finally just moved all other files to a safe dir, then
    deleted the directory, with the stubborn file in it. That worked...but quite
    the PITA!
    Thanks.

    "Grego" <Grego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tr to delete it in Safe Mode!
    >
    > "Glen Corlin" wrote:
    >
    >> Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
    >> Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete
    >> it
    >> I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
    >> program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am
    >> still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there
    >> some
    >> way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it. It is
    >> 0
    >> bytes big. HELP!
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> --
    >> LMO
    >> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
    >> To see oursels as others see us."

    I see that you must have liked it. You have it on your website now.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:r8OLe.918$Z%6.113@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com,
    pcbutts1 <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Looks good I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.

    > "Daren" <daren@dhubbard.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I use a program called unlocker, its great, just right click on the
    >> file / folder and the contect menu does the rest
    >>
    >> http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Download Microsoft Windows XP