Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete it
I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am
still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there some
way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it. It is 0
bytes big. HELP!
Thanks.

--
LMO
"O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,

MANUALLY DELETING STUBBORN FILES
http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.php

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081

Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

---

Delete - Can't Delete Files or Folders
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm

Scroll down to Delete - AVI, MPG... files (access denied error)
---

How To Delete "Undeletable" Files And Folders In XP
http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

"Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=298345

You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081

You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders from a
Mounted Drive
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319368

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ddo5kp$l77$00$1@news.t-online.com,
Glen Corlin <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:

Use kill box http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

"Glen Corlin" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
> Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete
> it I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase
> that program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I
> am still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there
> some way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it.
> It is 0 bytes big. HELP!
> Thanks.
>
> --
> LMO
> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
> To see oursels as others see us."

Daren

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I use a program called unlocker, its great, just right click on the
file / folder and the contect menu does the rest

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Looks good I'll check it out. Thanks for the link.

Glen Corlin wrote:

> Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
> Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete it
> I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
> program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#8

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Tr to delete it in Safe Mode!

"Glen Corlin" wrote:

> Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
> Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete it
> I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
> program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am
> still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there some
> way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it. It is 0
> bytes big. HELP!
> Thanks.
>
> --
> LMO
> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
> To see oursels as others see us."

Tried that. No joy. I finally just moved all other files to a safe dir, then
deleted the directory, with the stubborn file in it. That worked...but quite
the PITA!
Thanks.

"Grego" <Grego@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tr to delete it in Safe Mode!
>
> "Glen Corlin" wrote:
>
>> Help! I was downloading a prog, but thought I had cancelled the download.
>> Now the incomplete file is in my downloads area, and when I try to delete
>> it
>> I get a msg saying it is being used by another program and to cloase that
>> program. I have closed all programs and non-critical processes, but I am
>> still not alowwed to delete the file. I am the administrator. Is there
>> some
>> way to get rid of this file? I cannot run it, renameit, or move it. It is
>> 0
>> bytes big. HELP!
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> LMO
>> "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
>> To see oursels as others see us."

I see that you must have liked it. You have it on your website now.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes