Twin Cities (MN) Pinball

Coming up on:

Thursday, June 30, 2005
We're meeting at Spring Lake Amusement Park at 7pm. Location address:
1066 Hwy 10 NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432. Phone: (763) 786-4994.

I'd love to post the machines, but the database is down. Last I
remember seeing on the site: At least 10 machines in good working
order, thanks to Pinball Warehouse's big Al!

And while I'm at it, here're some upcoming events:

Dates to be determined:
· LRT Pinball: There's plenty of pinball to be found along the
Hiawatha Light Rail Transit Line. We'll be starting at the Mall of
America and ending downtown-jumping off to play pinball along the
way. This includes: Tracy's Saloon, and Whiskey Junction. Come out
and join us! We'll be meeting at the Mall of America Sport's Bar at
7pm.

· We'll be doing our annual Midway Pub Crawl this summer! Hot Rods,
Big V's, The Trend Bar and Turf Club all have pinball and are all
walking distance from one another off of University and Snelling
Ave.'s in St. Paul's Midway area.

More information on these events will follow.

Where we've played recently:

June 9, 2005 TCPE met at Blainbrook Entertainment Center in Blaine, MN
(see www.blainbrook.com) to play some hard-to-find titles (and some
great video games)! One of the most flattering things was that our TCPE
cards were placed under the playfield glass! Thanks guys!

On May 19, 2005 we played at Eddie's Billiards in Maple Grove, MN.
While there was a great lineup of pinball machines, including Stern's
latest-The Soprano's, there were many technical difficulties with
some of the machines, and-TCPE'er that showed up late reported that
staff at Eddie's Billiards removed the cards from the machines
shortly after the majority of the group left.

For more information about where we've played, please visit
www.tcpe.org!

**EVERYONE* IS WELCOME TO ATTEND ANY OR ALL OF THE EVENTS**
(*subject to limitations of the venue)

Want to know more about PINBALL in Minnesota?

To keep up with everything that's going on, join the local e-mail
discussion group!
Send and e-mail to: pinnesota-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
tcpe@tcpe.org for an invitation.

The Twin Cities Pinball Enthusiasts (www.tcpe.org) meet every three
weeks (usually on a Thursday), at various public locations around the
Twin Cities metropolitan area, to talk and play pinball. Formally
established in late 2001, this group IS NOT A LEAGUE. They stress a
playing environment friendly to novices and experts alike. This group
plays at different public locations around the Twin Cities metro area
to support as many vendors as possible; respect the distance that
people travel to meet, play and talk with the group; and to assure that
they occasionally play in family-friendly environments.

The Twin Cities Pinball Database (www.tcpb.org) is the best locally
maintained database of its kind. Maintained by pinball enthusiasts for
pinball enthusiast, it is an almost fully interactive database that
promotes exploring Minneapolis, St. Paul, and surrounding areas for
places to play pinball. Currently, the database has over 200 locations
to play. Want to find out where to play your favorite game, or where to
play throughout a certain area within Minnesota? Try the 'search'
function. It's endlessly helpful. (Note: Due to technical changes,
the database will likely be down until mid-July. Location information,
however, can easily be ascertained by local enthusiasts that live near
locations. The local discussion group is a great resource.)

If you're interested in playing tournament pinball, the Twin Cities
Flipper Pin Association (www2.bitstream.net/~miekoa/pinball/) is a
pinball league established in 1998. They meet every Saturday at SS
Billiards (www.ssbilliards.com), the largest publicly playable pinball
collection in the Twin Cities. Practice starts at about 6:00 and League
starts at about 7:00. If you have to leave early, you may start early.

> Thursday, June 30, 2005
> We're meeting at Spring Lake Amusement Park at 7pm. Location address:
> 1066 Hwy 10 NE, Spring Lake Park, MN 55432. Phone: (763) 786-4994.
>
> I'd love to post the machines, but the database is down. Last I
> remember seeing on the site: At least 10 machines in good working
> order, thanks to Pinball Warehouse's big Al!

It was a blast! Not only were there 10 machines in great condition to
play, there was a great turnout! Pictures will be available soon at
www.tcpe.org.

We played The Addams Family, Austin Powers, South Park, No Good
Go'fers, Scared Stiff, Star Wars: Episode I, Funhouse, Medieval
Madness, and Junkyard. We'd like to thank the operator (Pinball
Warehouse) for having these machines in such excellent playing
condition.

And yes, since there was mini golf we played that too.

For anyone that wanted to make it but couldn't-- hope to see you next
time. We'll be playing at Wells Lanes in St. Paul on 7/21/05-- more
details will be posted soon. You can also get info by email-- see below
to find out how to sign up.