How to find out wich HP mainboard i have?

Hello,

I have got an mainboard out of an unknown HP-System now im searching more
information about it,for example what is the maximum supported CPU and type
of the onboard sound and graphic-chip?.
can anybody help me?

thanx Nico

information I have:
got with a 2.2GHz intel celeron CPU (INTEL(M)(C)'02 CELERON (R)
2,20GHZ/128/400 SL6VT MALAY Q337A656 ...)
southbridge intel FW82801DB --> ICH4
LAN chip BROADCOM BCM4401KQL --> 10/100mbit
4x USB-connector#
1x serial 1x vga 1x parallel 1x lan 3x sound-connectors
amibios 686 (c) 1999 C190 8448

Start with the badge on the front, something like Pavilion 5366. Go to the HP
web site, search the support area for "Product Specifications" for that model.

.... Ben Myers

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 19:57:48 +0100, "Nico Eisold" <nico-e@web.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have got an mainboard out of an unknown HP-System now im searching more
>information about it,for example what is the maximum supported CPU and type
>of the onboard sound and graphic-chip?.
>can anybody help me?
>
>thanx Nico
>
>information I have:
>got with a 2.2GHz intel celeron CPU (INTEL(M)(C)'02 CELERON (R)
>2,20GHZ/128/400 SL6VT MALAY Q337A656 ...)
>southbridge intel FW82801DB --> ICH4
>LAN chip BROADCOM BCM4401KQL --> 10/100mbit
>4x USB-connector#
>1x serial 1x vga 1x parallel 1x lan 3x sound-connectors
>amibios 686 (c) 1999 C190 8448

i have just the mainboard of a HP-computer (without anny badge on the front
like Pavillion xxxx) thats my problem :-(
> Start with the badge on the front, something like Pavilion 5366. Go to
> the HP
> web site, search the support area for "Product Specifications" for that
> model.

Ouch! That is a more difficult problem to solve. Many HP mainboards have an
original equipment manufacturer (OEM) model number stenciled on them. This
helps, but don't depend on the OEM of ANY information as a rule.

There may also be a sticker with an HP part number on the board.

Do a Google search with either of these bits of info.

Unfortunately, many HP BIOSes do not tell you the model of the motherboard,
otherwise I would suggest installing the slowest possible processor and some
memory and booting it up... Ben Myers

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 03:36:12 +0200, "Nico Eisold" <nico-e@web.de> wrote:

>i have just the mainboard of a HP-computer (without anny badge on the front
>like Pavillion xxxx) thats my problem :-(
>> Start with the badge on the front, something like Pavilion 5366. Go to
>> the HP
>> web site, search the support area for "Product Specifications" for that
>> model.

I found this board (HP-Part No. 335187-001) but no additional information
about it. :-(