ya so ok, i bit the bullet

i finally cranked out my credit card and bought the pentium 4 3.06ghz. it was 389 + 2.99 rush shipping at newegg.

i know i know - "well Inte; will slash prices in may" ya know what - who cares. so i'll save 30 bucks more. so what. dude where gonna die someday! lol! wtf is money worth if your dead? At least i can enjoy my extra speed for an extra month in life. (that guy made a good point, ya know- the guy that said "ihate the i'll wait for 6 months" i tohught about it and it made more sense. lol!

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

because i don't have the canterwood, and the 3.0ghz is 530 dollars plus another 220 for canterwood plus another 200 dollars for RAM (i only have pc2700, i would have to buy 2x PC3200 memory)... thats a 950 dollars + shipping so figure around 1000 bucks compared to 389 dollars. There was no point to get that measly extra 15% performance boost for another 600 dollars. thats insane. wasn't worth the money.

I wanna wait until ddr-II becomes maintsream anyway before i buy a new motherboard. So until then or my board dies i'm not buying another motherboard.

I have something else i wanna do. I wanna setup a second mini user computer.

Women defines the word irrational!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

LumberJack

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Way to go man... you have done what many of us can't due to crippling addiction... finalised your computers ugrading and resolved to run it into the ground...

kudos ;)

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I just bit the bullet too...and ordered a P4 3.0/800 from newegg.com. Ouch! No more buying toys for me for awhile! Of course, I won't need any hehehe!

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

ouch dude .. do you have a canterwood board? i wouldn't count on your board overclocking to a 800mhz fsb lol!

well thats cool. i feel better knowing i'm not the only one lol!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
Yah, I just got a Gigabyte 8KNXP-non Ultra.

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

wow *drools* thats a nice board. I looked at the ultra. i'm thinking *ya so what no raid controller* ONBOARD SCSI 320!!! dude the controller card alone is over 150 bucks!

wtf is that thing you plug in? has a fan on it? looks weird! is that like a second cpu or something?

250 bucks dude ... thats insane! lol! 399 for the ultra! i see why you passed that up! lol!

*whipes up his drool off his keyboard* lol!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
The "Six-Dual-Miracle" Gigabyte boards have, like, two of everything it seems like. I think you're talking about the daughter card that gives you DPS2 (two extra power phase circuits) essentially "Dual Power Regulation." It's supposed to make the board more stable for overclocking and give you protection if one of the phase circuits fails. I don't know why it has to have a fan. Guess it gets hot.

I've been looking at the board for the last couple hours and reading the manual. It looks like it's really well-built and they give you a LOT of stuff with it. I could have three two-disk RAID arrays (to SATA RAID and one PATA RAID) and an additional four IDE drives if I wanted to. Lol!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 04/28/03 11:39 PM.</EM></FONT></P>