'Windows cannot find C:windowssystem32rundll32.exe'

Hi,
I'm running Xp Pro SP2, i'm unable to access the properties of MY COMPUTER,
MY NETWORK. I cannot adjust the time and date of my PC and some other options
in Conrol Panel.
Ok, so far what i have done is. I did run SFC\scannow command 2 time with my
XP CD in dos prompt and it replaced all my DLL files, but problem is still
the same.
I have Norton antivirus, Ad-Aware SE Pro, Spybot and PcBug Doctor running in
my compuer and i scanned my computer with all of them nothing detec no virus.
I tried to use expand command in dos mode C:\>expand f:\i386\rundll32.ex_
c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe and it gives me error msg "Can't open output
file: c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe"
What should i do now? Pls help!
Any kind of help will be appriciate.

kelly

Hi,

Try lines 83, 203 or 207 (all right hand side):

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm running Xp Pro SP2, i'm unable to access the properties of MY
> COMPUTER,
> MY NETWORK. I cannot adjust the time and date of my PC and some other
> options
> in Conrol Panel.
> Ok, so far what i have done is. I did run SFC\scannow command 2 time with
> my
> XP CD in dos prompt and it replaced all my DLL files, but problem is still
> the same.
> I have Norton antivirus, Ad-Aware SE Pro, Spybot and PcBug Doctor running
> in
> my compuer and i scanned my computer with all of them nothing detec no
> virus.
> I tried to use expand command in dos mode C:\>expand f:\i386\rundll32.ex_
> c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe and it gives me error msg "Can't open
> output
> file: c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe"
> What should i do now? Pls help!
> Any kind of help will be appriciate.

Hi kelly,
Thanx for ur help but it didn't help either. First it was not clear what to
do with those registery value u told in line 83 or 203. Coz those value won't
exist in my registeries, so i created new value as u shown in your help, but
they did not work. i still get the same error when i try to go in the
properties of my computer or when i right click on my desktop and go in the
properties gives me error msg "windows cannot find
c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe"
Pls help
Regards

"Kelly" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try lines 83, 203 or 207 (all right hand side):

> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I'm running Xp Pro SP2, i'm unable to access the properties of MY
> > COMPUTER,
> > MY NETWORK. I cannot adjust the time and date of my PC and some other
> > options
> > in Conrol Panel.
> > Ok, so far what i have done is. I did run SFC\scannow command 2 time with
> > my
> > XP CD in dos prompt and it replaced all my DLL files, but problem is still
> > the same.
> > I have Norton antivirus, Ad-Aware SE Pro, Spybot and PcBug Doctor running
> > in
> > my compuer and i scanned my computer with all of them nothing detec no
> > virus.
> > I tried to use expand command in dos mode C:\>expand f:\i386\rundll32.ex_
> > c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe and it gives me error msg "Can't open
> > output
> > file: c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe"
> > What should i do now? Pls help!
> > Any kind of help will be appriciate.

kelly

Your reply is not really clear. However, in the meantime:

Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.

Good luck and keep us posted!

--

> Hi kelly,
> Thanx for ur help but it didn't help either. First it was not clear what
> do with those registery value u told in line 83 or 203. Coz those value
> won't
> exist in my registeries, so i created new value as u shown in your help,
> but
> they did not work. i still get the same error when i try to go in the
> properties of my computer or when i right click on my desktop and go in
> the
> properties gives me error msg "windows cannot find
> c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe"
> Pls help
> Regards
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Try lines 83, 203 or 207 (all right hand side):
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Jatinder" <Jatinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm running Xp Pro SP2, i'm unable to access the properties of MY
>> > COMPUTER,
>> > MY NETWORK. I cannot adjust the time and date of my PC and some other
>> > options
>> > in Conrol Panel.
>> > Ok, so far what i have done is. I did run SFC\scannow command 2 time
>> > with
>> > my
>> > XP CD in dos prompt and it replaced all my DLL files, but problem is
>> > still
>> > the same.
>> > I have Norton antivirus, Ad-Aware SE Pro, Spybot and PcBug Doctor
>> > running
>> > in
>> > my compuer and i scanned my computer with all of them nothing detec no
>> > virus.
>> > I tried to use expand command in dos mode C:\>expand
>> > f:\i386\rundll32.ex_
>> > c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe and it gives me error msg "Can't open
>> > output
>> > file: c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe"
>> > What should i do now? Pls help!
>> > Any kind of help will be appriciate.

Hi Kelly
As i said in my first post i already have run all programs u mention and
norton anti virus as well, my system is clean nothing is detect and no virus.
What else can i do?

"Kelly" wrote:

> Your reply is not really clear. However, in the meantime:
>
> Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
>
> Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.
>
> Good luck and keep us posted!
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)

kelly

Hi,

You didn't mention the "three" I noted and as for Norton (no comment). As
for the rest, I would need more info as in the keys, etc. Good luck in the
meantime!
--

> Hi Kelly
> As i said in my first post i already have run all programs u mention and
> norton anti virus as well, my system is clean nothing is detect and no
> virus.
> What else can i do?
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> Your reply is not really clear. However, in the meantime:
>>
>> Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, CWShredder and HijackThis:
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html
>>
>> Note: Update the first two programs, once installed, before running.
>>
>> Good luck and keep us posted!
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)

Hi kelly,
I did run all programs Ad=Aware SE, Spybot, etc. and Norton. They could not
detect any thing.
What else info u need from me, pls tell in details.