Run Command

My "run" command is missing from my start bar and I can't figure out how to
get a CD to run. Also, when I click programs, there are 3 columns of
programs, but I can't see the 3rd one (it's off the screen to the right) and
can't get the window to move to the left.

kelly

Hi Lisa,

1. Is the Run Command checked off here: Right click the Start
Button/Properties/Customize/Advanced/Run Command

If this is not the case:

This can happen from having too many items listed on the Start Menu. The
run command is the first to go.

If this is not the case, nor that Run isn't chosen under Customize:

Restore the Run Command (Line 57)

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

2. CD - Autorun:

Open Windows Explorer, right-click on your cdrom drive,
Click the Auto Play tab and Select the desired option.

Why doesn't AutoPlay Work?

3. Right click the Start Button/Properties/Customize/Advanced - Scroll
Programs or:
Right click the Start Button/Explore All Users, then Programs. In the right
pane, group and organize.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)