Triple Thick on a glass that is below room temperature.

Hi,

I sprayed some Triple Thick on a test peice of clear glass and it looked a bit milky. When it dried it dried resonably clear, but I'm not sure it fully "recovered" to what would have been its regular clearness level. Could that be because the glass I was spraying was a little too cold? (I was in an air conditioned basement, but the Triple Thick was at normal room temperature --- I got it from upstairs.)

Just wondering if this is a commonly obsereved phenomenon.

Thanks,
--- Rob

I have never experienced that, but Triple thick does have a temp range
it should be used, but an ac room should not be that cold where it will
effect the usage

Ctsteps5

owner of
71 Bally Expressway, 72 Williams Superstar,
74 Williams Star Pool, 75 Gottlieb Fast Draw.

Moderator of EM Pinball Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/empinbalmachines/

The reason for the 'cloudiness' was due to the moisture in
the air most likely. Some of it was trapped in the clear as
you sprayed the glass. Quite common especially in a high
humidity environment.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=======================================

Robert Myers wrote:

> I sprayed some Triple Thick on a test peice of clear glass and it looked a bit milky. When it dried it dried resonably clear, but I'm not sure it fully "recovered" to what would have been its regular clearness level.

My guess would be that humidity played a bigger role in the lack of
clearness than temperature of application did (although the two are
somewhat related if you want to argue dew points, ect).

Since it's a test piece of glass, maybe you can try moving it to a
warmer location and see if it clears up?

Mike Doyle

Usually heat = high humidity, Cold = low humidity.

Never worked with tripplethick, just putting my 2c in.

Jim Knight

"kilkeeslps@aol.com" <syncbus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My guess would be that humidity played a bigger role in the lack of
> clearness than temperature of application did (although the two are
> somewhat related if you want to argue dew points, ect).
>
> Since it's a test piece of glass, maybe you can try moving it to a
> warmer location and see if it clears up?
>
> Mike Doyle

You should always allow the paint or clear coat and the item to be painted to adjust to
the same temperature before painting. Also, as was mentioned, try to do any clearcoating
or painting on a relatively dry day. Anything about 80% humidity or above is unadviseable.
Moving a dense object (like glass) from an air conditioned environment into normal outdoor
air, especially in summer humidity, will cause it to immediately condense moisture on the
surface. This is something to consider when moving games or even backglasses from a
cool place during the summer. Try to avoid it.
JR

I went by our local Walmart (A.K.A. Wally World) and they didn't have Triple
Thick. I could of sworn i bought mine there. Where else is it available,
folks?

TexasSteven

Tex,
Any good arts and crafts store should have it.
Up here, we have Michaels, PearlArt, and AC Moore.
I don't think Home Depot has it, I haven't checked
Lowes, but a good hardware store should be able to
get it for you.
JR