device usage drop down box 'greyed' out

August 14, 2005 7:52:07 PM

I am having problems with my keyboard.
In device manager under the General tab the device usage box is 'greyed' out
so I cannot enable my keyboard.

I have a logitech mouse and keyboard and the software is installed. The
mouse works fine but the keyboard..mmm frustrating..

thanks in advance everyone!
August 14, 2005 9:13:01 PM

How are you typing this message then?!

hehe, just kidding.

I checked my keyboard in the device manager too, and that box is also greyed
out for me. However, my keyboard is working just fine.

You didnt specify in your post, but I'm guessing that its a wired keyboard.

Mine a wireless logitech, and if yours happens to be too, try replacing the
batteries. Also, try pushing the 'connect' button.

But definately, goto logitech's website and read the documentation. They
might even have forums like this. Also, I would recommend downloading the
latest drivers for that keyboard.

This is very strange though. Ive never seen a keyboard that wasnt plug and
play. XP should be able to handle it. I can take mine out and put it right
back in...no problem. This may sound a bit condescending, but have you
restarted?

Good luck!

!