Rise of Nations Problems

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 7, 2004 10:26:50 PM

I just purchased Rise of Nations and cannot install it,
nor can I find help mor emy specific problems. First,
when I try to install, is says not enough disk space for
only certain files. I have plenty of disk space. Upon
choosing to ignore, the game installation continues, but
this probelm occurs a few times throughout the
installation process.

Once the game is installed (with some missing files), the
game will not run. I get the startup screens and video,
but then the program shuts down suddenly and I am back at
my Windows desktop.

Some help please? Thanks!

More about : rise nations problems

August 14, 2004 8:28:30 PM

Hello,

If you can, obtain the most current video card drivers.
Delete your graphic's drivers per it's own uninstall
application. Then:

Update your agp drivers for you motherboard's chipset. If
you have a HP, Compaq, type of computer you need to call
tech support for the lastest motherboard driver's (ide &
apg).

Reboot (your screen fonts will be larger as your will be
using (win2k, winxp) drivers for video. However, you
should have your current agp ide drivers already installed.

Install your current video drivers
Set your resolution to 1024x 768
Try to reinstall and play Rise of Nations

-OR-

If you have a PC that is Asus, Abit, Epox, MSI, etc then
check your chipset found in the motherboard manual and go
to that website. Example an Asus P4c800-E has an Intel
P875 chipset therefore one would go to Intel's website for
the latest chipset for your (win2k, win xp) system.

Reboot (your screen fonts will be larger as your will be
using (win2k, winxp) drivers for video. However, you
should have your current agp ide drivers already installed.

Install your current video drivers
Set your resolution to 1024x 768
Try to reinstall and play Rise of Nations

If this does not work check for Trojans or Pest programs.

Disclaimer: This idea is intended for pc users who are
astute in modifying KEY INF and other system files that
will greatly affect your pc performance. A familiarity
(has performed this operation on numerous occasions) of
this process is needed in order to be properly successful.
This advice only provides a "general" idea of what "may"
help. The recipient of this advice will apply it at
his/her own risk and the advisor of this advice claims no
liability.

!