Pinout needed for HP e-pc 40 power supply

If anyone has access to an e-pc 40, I wonder if you could help me with
the voltage pinout on the external power supply.
I recently picked up an e-pc 40 motherboard with the intent of using it
in a vehicle with a DC/DC adapter. I know the external power supplies
both 12V and 19V DC, but I can't find a pin description in any of the
HP support documentation.
I'd like to avoid having to buy a supply just to get the pinout.
Three of the six male pins on the motherboard are grounded. If you hold
the end of the unplugged power plug towards you, there should be a row
of 4 female connectors, and a second row with two connectors. With the
row of 4 on top, the 2nd from the right in top row is grounded as are
the 2 in the middle of the second row. Using a voltmeter, could you
measure the voltages that appear from these grounds to the other 3
pins? Thanks in advance.

dzigmo@gmail.com wrote:
> If anyone has access to an e-pc 40, I wonder if you could help me with
> the voltage pinout on the external power supply.
> I recently picked up an e-pc 40 motherboard with the intent of using it
> in a vehicle with a DC/DC adapter. I know the external power supplies
> both 12V and 19V DC, but I can't find a pin description in any of the
> HP support documentation.
Boy are you lucky!
I'm just trying to repair my semi-dead e-pc 40 (turns off after a random
amount of minutes), so I was doing some Google Groups search and am basically
able to describe this by accident.

The pinout is actually described on the specs plate of the PSU.
(nice!! I wish every PSU had that...)

It is:

5 6 7 8
o o o o
* o o *
1 2 3 4
/^\ (MARKER!)

The marker semi-circle on the PSU's figure unmistakenly indicates that it
describes the pinout as seen when looking AT the very connector cable pins
that are supposed to be plugged into the PC, i.e. the order is (just to
make sure):
your eyes - connector pins - cable to PSU - PSU.
(the marker can be seen on the connector, and the pinout really cannot be
showing the opposing side, since then the marker would be on the
opposite side)

Now the pinout:

1 - plastic-filled
2 - GROUND
3 - GROUND
4 - plastic-filled
5 - +19V
6 - PGOOD
7 - SHIELD
8 - +12V

BTW, does anyone know why my e-pc 40 turns off randomly?
It doesn't seem to be the CPU cooler, since I just completely remade that one,
so it may be some power supply issue, such as bad capacitors or broken
voltage regulators. But I'm currently taking a walk in the dark on that one...

HTH,

Andreas Mohr

Thanks Andreas,

I found a picture of a power supply on an ebay auction that told me the
diagram existed, but the picture was a little too fuzzy to make out all
the writing. Thanks for the confirmation of the connector pinout, and
that it does refer to the female connector end.

Regarding shutoffs, I would suggest making a bootable memtest86 cd and
testing stability with one memory strip at a time. You can use a
motherboard monitor program to log voltages over time, see if that's
the problem.