VISTA Operating System

August 15, 2005 1:42:12 AM

Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on the
up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like it
, I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all the
graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and ,
Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then Vista ,
Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release but , Thats
just my 2 cents

More about : vista operating system

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:42:13 AM

Apparently, you are not a qualified beta tester and downloaded
a version that was pirated. Thus, you have no valid opinion.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:42:13 AM

"Peace" <spreadtheloce@heaven.com> wrote:

|>Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on the
|>up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like it
|>, I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all the
|>graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and ,
|>Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then Vista ,
|>Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release but , Thats
|>just my 2 cents

Oh gosh!, you don't know about DRM do you?

Your really going to appreciate Vista and DRM.

August 15, 2005 1:50:48 AM

1. It's a beta.

2. It's Beta 1.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Peace wrote:
> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on the
> up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like
> it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all the
> graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and
> , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then
> Vista , Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release
> but , Thats just my 2 cents
August 15, 2005 1:58:24 AM

I know its a Beta and this is why I'm expressing my opinion , This way maybe
they will make the changes before it gets release in mid 2006 , M$$$ has
alot of work to do before it gets release because so far I hate the way it
looks

> 1. It's a beta.
>
> 2. It's Beta 1.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
>

> Peace wrote:
>> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on
>> the
>> up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like
>> it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all
>> the
>> graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and
>> , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then
>> Vista , Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release
>> but , Thats just my 2 cents

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:01:47 AM

Stick with WinXP then.

Peace wrote:
> I know its a Beta and this is why I'm expressing my opinion , This way
> maybe they will make the changes before it gets release in mid 2006 ,
> M$$$ has alot of work to do before it gets release because so far I hate
> the way it looks

> > 1. It's a beta.
> >
> > 2. It's Beta 1.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
> >

> > Peace wrote:
> > > Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on
> > > the
> > > up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't
> > > like it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I
> > > hate all the
> > > graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system
> > > and , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better
> > > then Vista , Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get
> > > release but , Thats just my 2 cents
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 2:07:19 AM

> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on the
> up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like
> it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all the
> graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and
> , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then Vista
> , Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release but ,
> Thats just my 2 cents

Overpriced at 2 cents, but one man's thorn is another man's prize.

Can anyone spell TROLL?

PLONK (Idiot entering the twit filter)

--
..__
(__

We shall see If I'm the only one that thinks this in the up and coming
future

news:o PaWM1ToFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Stick with WinXP then.
>
> Peace wrote:
>> I know its a Beta and this is why I'm expressing my opinion , This way
>> maybe they will make the changes before it gets release in mid 2006 ,
>> M$$$ has alot of work to do before it gets release because so far I hate
>> the way it looks
>>

>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > 1. It's a beta.
>> >
>> > 2. It's Beta 1.
>> > --
>> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 3:59:30 AM

Steve Shattuck wrote:
>> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion
>> on the up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I
>> don't like it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad
>> , I hate all the graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a
>> old operating system and , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$
>> XP looks way better then Vista , Please I hope you change the way it
>> looks before it get release but , Thats just my 2 cents
>
> Overpriced at 2 cents, but one man's thorn is another man's prize.
>
> Can anyone spell TROLL?
>
> PLONK (Idiot entering the twit filter)

Plonkers are pussies.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Apparently, you are not a qualified beta tester and downloaded
> a version that was pirated. Thus, you have no valid opinion.

And neither do you. Stick your head back up your ass.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 4:02:32 AM

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
> "Peace" <spreadtheloce@heaven.com> wrote:
>
>>> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion
>>> on the up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw
>>> I don't like it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really
>>> bad , I hate all the graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of
>>> a old operating system and , Whats with the name too " Vista " ?
>>> M$$$ XP looks way better then Vista , Please I hope you change the
>>> way it looks before it get release but , Thats just my 2 cents
>
> Oh gosh!, you don't know about DRM do you?
>
> Your really going to appreciate Vista and DRM.

DRM is anti-consumer technology. And I wouldn't get too comfortable
using the Vista name. MS has really pissed off a lot of groups that
arleady are using it including Vets.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 4:02:33 AM

"kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

|>Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

|>> Oh gosh!, you don't know about DRM do you?
|>>
|>> Your really going to appreciate Vista and DRM.

|>DRM is anti-consumer technology. And I wouldn't get too comfortable
|>using the Vista name. MS has really pissed off a lot of groups that
|>arleady are using it including Vets.

www.vista.com is located in the same city as microsoft...

All your bases are belong to us!

--

Elegant Universe from NOVA
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

All your bases are belong to us!

?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

<Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message

> |>DRM is anti-consumer technology. And I wouldn't get too comfortable
> |>using the Vista name. MS has really pissed off a lot of groups that
> |>arleady are using it including Vets.
>
> www.vista.com is located in the same city as microsoft...
>
> All your bases are belong to us!
>

> --
>
> Elegant Universe from NOVA
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:53:01 AM

Peter Foldes wrote:
> Basically about the same similar things were said about all Windows
> OS when they were in Beta 1 release.

And the same was said when XP went Gold compared to 2K.

By Beta 2, XP was pretty much the final product and all MS changed with
the RC and the RTM were performance tweaks.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:01:01 PM

Kelly wrote:
> Chill, you guys! :o )
> Imagine if we could have seen yall in Beta stages in the womb?

They didn't have ultra-sounds when I was in the womb. But what
expectant mother doesn't get one now-a-days?

Do you really expect some miracle will happen to the next Windows
between now and it goes gold.

And MS has been working on this next version for many, many years.
There was a year and a half between 2K and XP. There is more than 3 1/2
years between XP and this next version.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:20:43 PM

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:07:19 -0400, "Steve Shattuck"
<steve@shattuck.net> wrote:

>> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on the
>> up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like
>> it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all the
>> graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and
>> , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then Vista
>> , Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release but ,
>> Thats just my 2 cents
>
>Overpriced at 2 cents, but one man's thorn is another man's prize.
>
>Can anyone spell TROLL?
>
>PLONK (Idiot entering the twit filter)

I would not call "peace" a troll. Gee whiz.
Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

This is my opinion
I am going to try to keep the 98se & xp computer as long I can.

I like 98se a lot better. Runs my older software better.

I think you better learn what a troll is and what a news groupie
is. I consider myself a news groupie.

As for Vista, I could careless for it one way or another. I not
going to upgrade my system (Unless Microsoft select me as a beta
tester).

Peace could work for an oem or software company
Imagine what would happen if the oem companies didn't like Vista.

Peace,
Can't you change the desktop and folders to look like Windows xp or
even look like windows 98se, me? Like xp does.

Greg Ro
August 15, 2005 1:57:52 PM

Peace wrote:
> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on the
> up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like it
> , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all the
> graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and ,
> Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then Vista ,
> Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release but , Thats
> just my 2 cents

It does seem pretty pointless releasing it if it doesn't have this new
database filesystem.

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
> Peace wrote:
>> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on
>> the up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't
>> like it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate
>> all the graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating
>> system and , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way
>> better then Vista , Please I hope you change the way it looks before it
>> get release but , Thats just my 2 cents
> It does seem pretty pointless releasing it if it doesn't have this new
> database filesystem.

Not only that, you would think that for a minor revolution the entire
hardware structure would be revised to pair with a new OS. But no....DOS
lives on.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 1:57:53 PM

Marc wrote:
> Peace wrote:
>> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion
>> on the up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I
>> don't like it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad
>> , I hate all the graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a
>> old operating system and , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$
>> XP looks way better then Vista , Please I hope you change the way it
>> looks before it get release but , Thats just my 2 cents
>>

> It does seem pretty pointless releasing it if it doesn't have this new
> database filesystem.

Maybe MS needs to shelve this next OS. It's not like they haven't strip
it of much that they originally were planning for it already.

If MS really wants to make it customers happy, maybe they should all the
billions upon billions of dollars they have made off of us, and made its
current OS a secure platform.

Is anybody really calling for a new OS? Is there some real NEED for a
new OS?

And as stripped as this next OS already is, is it really a new OS at
all, or just NT 5.2?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
August 15, 2005 1:57:54 PM

I agree , why can't M$$$ focus more on making xp more secure and , Kurt is
correct why do we need a newer OS ? If Bill really wants to look like a good
guy , like in how he gives so much money to charity , then lets see him make
the new OS cheaper

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:24:08 -0700, "Alpha" <logos1@trip.net> wrote:

>"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
>> Peace wrote:
>>> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on
>>> the up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't
>>> like it , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate
>>> all the graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating
>>> system and , Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way
>>> better then Vista , Please I hope you change the way it looks before it
>>> get release but , Thats just my 2 cents
>> It does seem pretty pointless releasing it if it doesn't have this new
>> database filesystem.
>

>Not only that, you would think that for a minor revolution the entire
>hardware structure would be revised to pair with a new OS. But no....DOS
>lives on.

Vista does not have cmd.exe? So much for running old programs.

Greg Ro
August 15, 2005 7:36:19 PM

Peace wrote:
> I agree , why can't M$$$ focus more on making xp more secure and , Kurt is
> correct why do we need a newer OS ? If Bill really wants to look like a good
> guy , like in how he gives so much money to charity , then lets see him make
> the new OS cheaper

I would rather see "windows xp 2" than yet another shell upgrade with
some fancy new icons (i mean, apart from the icons - what's new in
office 2003 that wasn't there in office 2000, i mean features you
actually use!)

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:07:01 PM

Funny that, imagine if your name was Mike Row, and decided to purchace a
domain name called MikeRowSoft, I wonder who would get (and they did) hot
under the collar over a name 'infringement'. I suppose it's all funny when
Microsoft does it though...

- Winux P

<Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message

> |>DRM is anti-consumer technology. And I wouldn't get too comfortable
> |>using the Vista name. MS has really pissed off a lot of groups that
> |>arleady are using it including Vets.
>
> www.vista.com is located in the same city as microsoft...
>
> All your bases are belong to us!
>

> --
>
> Elegant Universe from NOVA
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:07:02 PM

McDonalds tried that with a restaurant that was not McDonalds.
The even offered money to have him change the name.
His said no. Guess What? His last name was McDonalds.
The court said it is his last name and he can use it for his
restaurant name if he so chooses.

Greg Ro

>On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:07:01 +1000, "Winux P" <winuxp@msnews.grp> wrote:

>Funny that, imagine if your name was Mike Row, and decided to purchace a
>domain name called MikeRowSoft, I wonder who would get (and they did) hot
>under the collar over a name 'infringement'. I suppose it's all funny when
>Microsoft does it though...
>
>- Winux P
>
><Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message

>> www.vista.com is located in the same city as microsoft...
>>
>> All your bases are belong to us!
>>

>> --
>>
>> Elegant Universe from NOVA
>> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:07:03 PM

Greg Ro wrote:
> McDonalds tried that with a restaurant that was not McDonalds.
> The even offered money to have him change the name.
> His said no. Guess What? His last name was McDonalds.
> The court said it is his last name and he can use it for his
> restaurant name if he so chooses.

Are you saying that Vista is Billy G's real last name?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
August 15, 2005 9:11:58 PM

"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote
what's new in
> office 2003 that wasn't there in office 2000, --
> Marc

Activation.

Alias
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 11:56:26 PM

MSH

--
Peter

"Greg Ro" <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote in message news:uIzC3WaoFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 03:24:08 -0700, "Alpha" <logos1@trip.net> wrote:
>

>>"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
>>> It does seem pretty pointless releasing it if it doesn't have this new
>>> database filesystem.
>>

>>Not only that, you would think that for a minor revolution the entire
>>hardware structure would be revised to pair with a new OS. But no....DOS
>>lives on.
>>

> Vista does not have cmd.exe? So much for running old programs.
>
> Greg Ro

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 3:16:26 AM

Preview interactive demo... macromedia flash NOT needed - but be aware that
Vista is
still in beta.

http://www.beaversit.com/temp/WindowsVista.html

Pemo

--
,-._|\
/ Oz \ Melbourne

I am on cable and am still waiting for the download. :o (

--

> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote:
>
> |>All your bases are belong to us!
> |>
> |>?
>
> http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf
>
> --
>
> Elegant Universe from NOVA
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
August 16, 2005 4:10:57 AM

Hi Kurt,

1. Same here.
2. No, but I haven't ever looked nor hoped for a miracle when it comes to
Windows.
3. Milestone? What do you have to show for the past 31/2 years? <w>

--

> Kelly wrote:
>> Chill, you guys! :o )
>> Imagine if we could have seen yall in Beta stages in the womb?
>

> They didn't have ultra-sounds when I was in the womb. But what expectant
> mother doesn't get one now-a-days?
>
> Do you really expect some miracle will happen to the next Windows between
> now and it goes gold.
>
> And MS has been working on this next version for many, many years. There
> was a year and a half between 2K and XP. There is more than 3 1/2 years
> between XP and this next version.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:32:52 AM

Kelly wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
> 1. Same here.
> 2. No, but I haven't ever looked nor hoped for a miracle when it
> comes to Windows.
> 3. Milestone? What do you have to show for the past 31/2 years? <w>

The number of killfiles I've been put in and later removed from. ;-)

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
August 21, 2005 7:54:53 PM

Ah....I see. :o )

--

> Kelly wrote:
>> Hi Kurt,
>>
>> 1. Same here.
>> 2. No, but I haven't ever looked nor hoped for a miracle when it
>> comes to Windows.
>> 3. Milestone? What do you have to show for the past 31/2 years? <w>
>
> The number of killfiles I've been put in and later removed from. ;-)
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 8:25:03 PM

I started working on this as soon as they accepted me as a beta tester. First
it is beta 1. Lots of stuff left over from the Longhorn mess. It takes work,
concentration and a don't give up attitude to get this proggie to look and
work better. All the work needed isn't going to be done by the beta testers
but our suggestions and rants to the Vista team are being acknowledged and
acted upon. The security features are maddening to deal with but once you
figure them out, no sweat. Installing applications and drivers requires an
almost criminal mind to figure out. Today I got one of the most graphics
intensive games installed and working well (Uru, Complete Chronicles). IMHO
this is a diamond in the rough. It should be polished by the time many of us
will be needing to upgrade our hardware and things should begin to come
together. Trust me, the folks in charge of this project really seem to care
and respond immediately to problems and questions. I think once Vista becomes
more sophisticated there will be no going back to legacy platforms like XP.

"Peace" wrote:

> Hi ... I know this isn't vista room but , I want to give my opinion on the
> up and coming new operating system , So far from what I saw I don't like it
> , I hate the folders / Graphics , IE7 looks really bad , I hate all the
> graphics so far , It look like a cheap made of a old operating system and ,
> Whats with the name too " Vista " ? M$$$ XP looks way better then Vista ,
> Please I hope you change the way it looks before it get release but , Thats
> just my 2 cents

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 10:38:10 PM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:25:03 -0700, "Neal at Spectdar Computing"
<NealatSpectdarComputing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I started working on this as soon as they accepted me as a beta tester. First
>it is beta 1. Lots of stuff left over from the Longhorn mess. It takes work,
>concentration and a don't give up attitude to get this proggie to look and
>work better. All the work needed isn't going to be done by the beta testers
>but our suggestions and rants to the Vista team are being acknowledged and
>acted upon. The security features are maddening to deal with but once you
>figure them out, no sweat. Installing applications and drivers requires an
>almost criminal mind to figure out. Today I got one of the most graphics
>intensive games installed and working well (Uru, Complete Chronicles). IMHO
>this is a diamond in the rough. It should be polished by the time many of us
>will be needing to upgrade our hardware and things should begin to come
>together. Trust me, the folks in charge of this project really seem to care
>and respond immediately to problems and questions. I think once Vista becomes
>more sophisticated there will be no going back to legacy platforms like XP.

You calling xp a legacy? People will still be using xp for quite a
long time. I am still using a windows 98se machine with office 2000.
I also use windows xp but not a lot. I won't be buying a vista
machine or Vista operating system unless a job I get requires it.

Greg Ro
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 11:30:01 PM

"Greg Ro" wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:25:03 -0700, "Neal at Spectdar Computing"
> <NealatSpectdarComputing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I started working on this as soon as they accepted me as a beta tester. First
> >it is beta 1. Lots of stuff left over from the Longhorn mess. It takes work,
> >concentration and a don't give up attitude to get this proggie to look and
> >work better. All the work needed isn't going to be done by the beta testers
> >but our suggestions and rants to the Vista team are being acknowledged and
> >acted upon. The security features are maddening to deal with but once you
> >figure them out, no sweat. Installing applications and drivers requires an
> >almost criminal mind to figure out. Today I got one of the most graphics
> >intensive games installed and working well (Uru, Complete Chronicles). IMHO
> >this is a diamond in the rough. It should be polished by the time many of us
> >will be needing to upgrade our hardware and things should begin to come
> >together. Trust me, the folks in charge of this project really seem to care
> >and respond immediately to problems and questions. I think once Vista becomes
> >more sophisticated there will be no going back to legacy platforms like XP.
> >
> You calling xp a legacy? People will still be using xp for quite a
> long time. I am still using a windows 98se machine with office 2000.
> I also use windows xp but not a lot. I won't be buying a vista
> machine or Vista operating system unless a job I get requires it.
>
> Greg Ro

Haha, guess it's a little early to call XP a legacy system. Just a few years
ahead of my time. I probably drive more business away from my shop by asking
people if what they're using does what they need and want. If it works why
fix it? I have a musician still using Windows 3.11. It works for him and it's
fast too. On the other hand I'm blessed with a hard core group that have to
have the very latest and greatest. No offense intended with the legacy remark.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 12:08:41 PM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 19:30:01 -0700, "Neal at Spectdar Computing"
<NealatSpectdarComputing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Greg Ro" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:25:03 -0700, "Neal at Spectdar Computing"
>> <NealatSpectdarComputing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I started working on this as soon as they accepted me as a beta tester. First
>> >it is beta 1. Lots of stuff left over from the Longhorn mess. It takes work,
>> >concentration and a don't give up attitude to get this proggie to look and
>> >work better. All the work needed isn't going to be done by the beta testers
>> >but our suggestions and rants to the Vista team are being acknowledged and
>> >acted upon. The security features are maddening to deal with but once you
>> >figure them out, no sweat. Installing applications and drivers requires an
>> >almost criminal mind to figure out. Today I got one of the most graphics
>> >intensive games installed and working well (Uru, Complete Chronicles). IMHO
>> >this is a diamond in the rough. It should be polished by the time many of us
>> >will be needing to upgrade our hardware and things should begin to come
>> >together. Trust me, the folks in charge of this project really seem to care
>> >and respond immediately to problems and questions. I think once Vista becomes
>> >more sophisticated there will be no going back to legacy platforms like XP.
>> >
>> You calling xp a legacy? People will still be using xp for quite a
>> long time. I am still using a windows 98se machine with office 2000.
>> I also use windows xp but not a lot. I won't be buying a vista
>> machine or Vista operating system unless a job I get requires it.
>>
>> Greg Ro
>>

>Haha, guess it's a little early to call XP a legacy system. Just a few years
>ahead of my time. I probably drive more business away from my shop by asking
>people if what they're using does what they need and want. If it works why
>fix it? I have a musician still using Windows 3.11. It works for him and it's
>fast too. On the other hand I'm blessed with a hard core group that have to
>have the very latest and greatest. No offense intended with the legacy remark.

Sorry, I was just taking my frustration out on you. Should be
Microsoft. I really think it depends on the software you use.
If you favorite game can only play on 98se-You would like 98se the
best.

I don't understand why Microsoft is creating a new operating system.
They removed the new file system. I will post another thread to ask
some questions.

Greg Ro
!