Modified date on file

I am wondering if any will know the causes of a files modified date to save
as 23/4/09 5:24 AM when the computers date is say 15/8/05 11:56AM.

Does anyone have an answer for this problem

Thankyou

Malke

Wayne wrote:

> I am wondering if any will know the causes of a files modified date to
> save as 23/4/09 5:24 AM when the computers date is say 15/8/05
> 11:56AM.
>
> Does anyone have an answer for this problem
>
> Thankyou

Well, you've got something screwed up with your time because unless you
are on the other side of the world from me (and that's quite possible,
of course) it is only August 14th and your post is showing made on
August 14, 2005. So if your computer thinks it is August 15th,
something isn't right.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:18:32 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
wrote:

>Wayne wrote:
>
>> I am wondering if any will know the causes of a files modified date to
>> save as 23/4/09 5:24 AM when the computers date is say 15/8/05
>> 11:56AM.
>>
>> Does anyone have an answer for this problem
>>
>> Thankyou
>
>Well, you've got something screwed up with your time because unless you
>are on the other side of the world from me (and that's quite possible,
>of course) it is only August 14th and your post is showing made on
>August 14, 2005. So if your computer thinks it is August 15th,
>something isn't right.
>
>Malke

With respect, it is the 15th here in Australia where Wayne is posting
from according to his .au suffix.
Naturally, his post shows as being made on the 15th at 12:00 midday to
me. (Aust. EST)

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

Malke

Alan Edwards wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:18:32 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Wayne wrote:
>>
>>> I am wondering if any will know the causes of a files modified date
>>> to save as 23/4/09 5:24 AM when the computers date is say 15/8/05
>>> 11:56AM.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have an answer for this problem
>>>
>>> Thankyou
>>
>>Well, you've got something screwed up with your time because unless
>>you are on the other side of the world from me (and that's quite
>>possible, of course) it is only August 14th and your post is showing
>>made on August 14, 2005. So if your computer thinks it is August 15th,
>>something isn't right.
>>
>>Malke
>
> With respect, it is the 15th here in Australia where Wayne is posting
> from according to his .au suffix.
> Naturally, his post shows as being made on the 15th at 12:00 midday to
> me. (Aust. EST)
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html

See, that's why I said it was completely possible for him to be on the
other side of the world, which he is (and you are)! Should have checked
the headers first. Going to bed now. Say goodnight Gracie. ;-)

Best regards,

Malke
--

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:15:14 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
wrote:

>Alan Edwards wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:18:32 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
>> wrote:

>>>Well, you've got something screwed up with your time because unless
>>>you are on the other side of the world from me (and that's quite
>>>possible, of course) it is only August 14th and your post is showing
>>>made on August 14, 2005. So if your computer thinks it is August 15th,
>>>something isn't right.
>>>
>>>Malke
>>
>> With respect, it is the 15th here in Australia where Wayne is posting
>> from according to his .au suffix.
>> Naturally, his post shows as being made on the 15th at 12:00 midday to
>> me. (Aust. EST)
>>
>> ...Alan
>
>See, that's why I said it was completely possible for him to be on the
>other side of the world, which he is (and you are)! Should have checked
>the headers first. Going to bed now. Say goodnight Gracie. ;-)
>
>Best regards,
>
>Malke

Goodnight Gracie

....though why you are going to bed at 13:15 on Monday afternoon is
beyond me <g>

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

No particular idea but:
1. Is it only saving in a specific program? (If so, what?)
2. Is the 23/4/09 5:24 AM always the same or does it keep about 48
months in front?
3. Do you have any Norton products installed?

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html