Netserver LX Pro Netraid card

I have an LX Pro with a three channel HP Netraid card part number
D4943-60002.

I would like to update the firmware, but am unsure what the card
actually is.

Netraid 1, 3si etc.

Can anyone here help?

I have downloaded the Netraid and Netraid 3si update from HP, but on
both, the system reboots just after the floppy has loaded, all I can see
is netraid at the top of the screen, then it shuts down.

TIA

Tony

Johnny

"Tony Bennett" <tony.bennett@tbcomputing.com> wrote in message
> I have an LX Pro with a three channel HP Netraid card part number
> D4943-60002.
>
> I would like to update the firmware, but am unsure what the card
> actually is.
>
> Netraid 1, 3si etc.
>
> Can anyone here help?
>
> I have downloaded the Netraid and Netraid 3si update from HP, but on
> both, the system reboots just after the floppy has loaded, all I can see
> is netraid at the top of the screen, then it shuts down.
>
> TIA
>
> Tony

This is a Classic NetRAID, the new firmware ca be found at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locBasepartNum=ns2074en&lang=English

Best regards

Johnny

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 16:51 +0200, Johnny wrote:
> "Tony Bennett" <tony.bennett@tbcomputing.com> wrote in message
> > I have an LX Pro with a three channel HP Netraid card part number
> > D4943-60002.
> >
> > I would like to update the firmware, but am unsure what the card
> > actually is.
> >
> > Netraid 1, 3si etc.
> >
> > Can anyone here help?
> >
> > I have downloaded the Netraid and Netraid 3si update from HP, but on
> > both, the system reboots just after the floppy has loaded, all I can see
> > is netraid at the top of the screen, then it shuts down.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Tony
>

> This is a Classic NetRAID, the new firmware ca be found at:
>
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locBasepartNum=ns2074en〈=English
>

> Best regards
>
> Johnny

Thanks Johnny, it upgraded fine, and having spent even more time with it
I moved it to PCI Bus 0 and now I can install Linux.

On SuSE9 I had to manually select the Megaraid old module, and all went
fine til the first reboot, when it could not find the root device.

Methinks either kernel 2.6 stinks, or Suse stinks, or God forbid - the
Netserver stinks!

BTW Centos 4 has no old Megaraid module.

Never had these problems with good old Proliants!

Thanks again

Tony

TRENDING THREADS