Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a scrap NEC spinwriter

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 23, 2010 5:21:02 PM

Hi

I'm a bit of a garden shed inventor, and I need a really old NEC spinwriter printer (they were current in the 1980s!) to strip the mechanical parts off.

Does anyone have one (working or not), or know where I might get one from please?

More about : scrap nec spinwriter

Anonymous
February 24, 2010 7:46:59 AM

My God, you're trying to revive a Daisywheel printer -- what is this madness ?
m
l
February 24, 2010 7:56:53 AM

No - I'm not trying to revive one, I want to take all the mechanical bits and motors off one to make a DIY CNC machine.
m
l
Related resources
March 4, 2010 6:14:27 AM

2010- March 4
Yesterday, I opened an old box and found a vinyl case holding 6 pristine NEC font wheels. Not the flat daisywheel but the thimble style approx 2" diameter. Chances are pretty good that I may have a working printer somewhere in storage that would utilize these supplies. Not certain whether that is a "SpinWriter" though.

You still needing that equipment?

Buddy Clark
972-335-2335
buddy435@tx.rr.com
m
l
March 5, 2010 11:21:20 AM

Hi Buddy. Thanks for your note. I suppose that I should have mentioned that I'm in the UK, so whilst I would love any old printers that you may find out, the shipping costs to the UK would probably be too expensive.
Thanks anyway.
m
l
April 19, 2012 3:54:08 PM

trubshac said:
Hi

I'm a bit of a garden shed inventor, and I need a really old NEC spinwriter printer (they were current in the 1980s!) to strip the mechanical parts off.

Does anyone have one (working or not), or know where I might get one from please?

Are you still looking for an e.l.f. Spinwriter? I have one, not used in years, but replaced because of obsolescence, and, as far as I know, in working order.

PAH
m
l
April 19, 2012 5:34:22 PM

Yes augenph, I can always use the bits of a spinwriter.
Where in the world are you?
m
l
!