Tech : Jurassic Park Flipper Stays Up?

Hello,

After months of playing I finally rebuilt my flippers, again - And it
seems to work well, for one flip that is. I just got new coils and
when I use the flipper once it stays energized? I used the replacement
coils I needed, what might (what did I) do wrong?

Thanks!
Scott

Check the EOS switch. i think there is some issue with that
on JP. you can read up about flipper problems at
http://marvin3m.com/de i think there is some mention of
that problem there.

surovich@disneyhq.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After months of playing I finally rebuilt my flippers, again - And it
> seems to work well, for one flip that is. I just got new coils and
> when I use the flipper once it stays energized? I used the replacement
> coils I needed, what might (what did I) do wrong?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Bad diode, banded end of diode facing the wrong direction, diode not
soldered on good. LTG :)

<surovich@disneyhq.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> After months of playing I finally rebuilt my flippers, again - And it
> seems to work well, for one flip that is. I just got new coils and
> when I use the flipper once it stays energized? I used the replacement
> coils I needed, what might (what did I) do wrong?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

<surovich@disneyhq.com> wrote:
> After months of playing I finally rebuilt my flippers, again - And it
> seems to work well, for one flip that is. I just got new coils and
> when I use the flipper once it stays energized? I used the replacement
> coils I needed, what might (what did I) do wrong?

On these (Data East) games, this is usually due to an open (or missing)
diode across the coil lugs.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Thanks for the help. I put a new diode on and the same thing is
happening. I put back the old coil and it still happens??? Now, I
just noticed that the coils I got were 090-5030-00 and the originals
are 090-5020-30 - Would that matter?

Thanks again!
Scott

It may matter, depending on which way the diodes are positioned band
wise. Look at the bands. See if they are oriented the right way. The
other thing to check is the transistor that drives that coil. Check
your manual to see which one. Check Marvin's site on how to test.

John