TZ vs. TZ early prodution

Just want to know a little more info. on the price diff. on the reg.,
nice TZ and a early prodution nice TZ. Early prodution has white clock,
sticker on gumball sign, No flip here on small playfield, and holes for
posts in time square. Also most of the plastics just have SP and one
number not the full code for the plastic on it. Like SP- 10.
Thanks, Todd

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

> (prototype, test-model, and export regular production games), gumball sign
> (prototype only), no printing on the magna-flip (prototype only).

Sample (test) games also lacked 'FLIP HERE' text on the mini playfield.

"tvpinballs" <tvpinballs@att.net> wrote in message
> Just want to know a little more info. on the price diff. on the reg.,
> nice TZ and a early prodution nice TZ. Early prodution has white clock,
> sticker on gumball sign, No flip here on small playfield, and holes for
> posts in time square. Also most of the plastics just have SP and one
> number not the full code for the plastic on it. Like SP- 10.
> Thanks, Todd

There isn't a real "set in stone" difference in value- like a prototype game
is worth X dollars more than a production game, or a test-model is worth Y
dollars more, etc. They may very well be worth less than a production game
depending on the game's condition- early games have been in the market
longer than later production games, so have a potential for having more use
and wear/tear. Some collectors may value an early production (test model or
prototype game) a bit more than a standard production game, but any
additional assumed "value" is really what someone is willing to pay, and of
course what the actual condition of the game is in. All things equal, I
might venture to say a proto or test-model game might be worth a hundred or
two more than regular production- not really sure.

It also may depend on the authenticity- whether the game is really in fact a
prototype, test model, early production, or standard production. Or whether
it's had parts "borrowed" or swapped from another game (not uncommon after
12 years of use). What you're describing above are some of the differences
found in prototype and test model games such as the white face clock
(prototype, test-model, and export regular production games), gumball sign
(prototype only), no printing on the magna-flip (prototype only). But no
mention of green or amber "lock" light insert or the 3rd spiral magnet &
hardware. And the "holes" for the posts in Time Square should have actual
posts and screws in them on a prototype or test model game. Later games had
no hardware and plastic plugs in the holes.

I don't know anything about the part #'s printed on the plastics- haven't
heard of anything regarding that before.

So all depends on what you're *really* looking at and what it might be worth
to you as a buyer or seller.

Don't forget about condition of the game- like a 12 year old used car, a
game like this can have low mileage, high mileage, good or bad upkeep, or
may have never had "the oil changed" at all. Condition can vary
considerably and has a big effect on value. So don't forget to consider
that.

Good luck!

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

lscott

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005

Lloyd Olson wrote:
> That must be why he noted no flip here on mini playfield. LTG :)

?? .. Ray never said that (Todd did). I simply pointed out that both
prototypes AND samples lacked the magnaflip text, not just prototypes
like Ray mentioned.

If Todd's game has no writing on the mini-playfield, it almost
certainly has the 3rd magnet core installed. Go check and see, Todd :)
Also check the colors in front of the left (plastic) ramp - the
green/white/purple art around the arrows is different on a sample.
Sounds like you have a sample.