How to boot from DVD?

I'm trying to install Suse Linux 9.2 on a Dell 8200 with bios ver A01.
It has a standard CD-RW and DVD-ROM dual drives.

The Suse ISO 3.1G is on a DVD but the Dell bios isn't capable of setting
a boot priority for it. It will boot from the CD drive.

What's the easiest way to get it to boot from the DVD drive? Is there a
bios update or do I need to reverse the CD and DVD drive cables? (Switch
master and slave).

David

I'd reverse the drives or cables. The top drive is normally
a dvd rom if you have a dvd rom and a cdrw.
This way you can boot from either cd or dvd.
Dave

If you can disable the CD-RW in the BIOS and it will default to the DVD
drive.
"Lenny Bruce" <Lenny@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install Suse Linux 9.2 on a Dell 8200 with bios ver A01. It
> has a standard CD-RW and DVD-ROM dual drives.
>
> The Suse ISO 3.1G is on a DVD but the Dell bios isn't capable of setting a
> boot priority for it. It will boot from the CD drive.
>
> What's the easiest way to get it to boot from the DVD drive? Is there a
> bios update or do I need to reverse the CD and DVD drive cables? (Switch
> master and slave).

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

F12 at the Dell splash screen and choose the device you want to boot from