Status
Not open for further replies.

Profy_X

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Hello!I`m willing to buy one of this notebooks but I don`t know which one :( .The ones that I selected from a long list are the Sony VAIO VGN-FW31J and the Sony VAIO VPC-CW1S1ER so here are the specification links:
-Sony VAIO VGN-FW31J
http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?m=VGN-FW31J&l=en_GB
-Sony VAIO VPC-CW1S1ER
http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?m=VPCCW1S1E_R&l=en_GB
So what`s wrong is that I can`t decide which one should I buy I have now a Sony VAIO VGN-SZ330P/B and for what I want to use the next notebook is:
■Applications (Office,Traktor,diferent personalization software,and Windows 7 as OS..)
■Movies (HD/Blu-ray)
■Music
■Games (not the newest games but something like The Saboteur maybe or NFS Shift to work fluently)I know this are not old :pt1cable:
So whitch one do you think it`s suitable?Did some of you had one of this notebooks to tell me their opinion? :D
PS:Sorry for my bad english :p

Profy_X

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Hello!thanks for replay to my threat so my buget is someware at 600$ and i had found a shop that selles this notebooks at half a price new and form all notebooks on the stock i found this 2 that are compatible with my buget.how those the CW handle the games with the Nvidia graphic card?

Tunafish

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
the VAIO CW can have either a geforce 210m or nvidia geforce 230m. they can both play need for speed shift :D

the fw (ati radeon 4670) has a better graphics card and can play even new games.

Profy_X

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
this cw got a Nvidia 230 and the FW has a Ati Radeon something from the 3500 series and the CPU is not t6400 it`s p6400 what`s the difference betwen them the p series form intel and the t?

Tunafish

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
The P series are more energy efficient, have a faster (1,066 MHz) Front side bus, and are mostly part of the Centrino 2 line. The T series use 10 watts more of power and have a slower 667-800 MHz Front side bus.

Both of them should perform equally.

Profy_X

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
So if i want more battery i should choose P series from intel :D so..some oppinions about this two wonderful noebooks? :p

Tunafish

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
both of them are great but the CW is a bit more advanced and shiny.

the CW has two OS with it: splashtop linux for fast web browsing, games, and chatting, as well as the advanced windows 7.

Profy_X

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Is the CW series easy scrachable?and what do you mean by 2 OS does it have Virtual PC?What about the display what`s the diferences beside the inch?

Tunafish

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
The FW is designed for multimedia, and has multimedia buttons above the keyboard like the Dell inspiron

The CW has a 'web' button above the keyboard, which initiates a very lightweight and fast operating system which boots in 8 seconds and can listen to music, watch movies, browse the web, and play internet games. This is useful if u want to save battery life and need only the essentials without wasting energy.

i thnk u know what windows 7 is, so no need to explain :D

Status
Not open for further replies.