Sign in with
Your question

HP printer squawkes

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 26, 2010 9:27:23 PM

I have an HP 694c printer that squawks very loudly when it starts or ends printing. But when I take the cover off it operates fine.I have taken it apart 3 times and it always does the same thing.

More about : printer squawkes

February 27, 2010 1:03:19 AM

The print head move over the entire lenght of the paper at start and end. Is the print head robbing the cover?
m
l
March 13, 2010 7:19:05 PM

Nope that was not it. The printer for quite awhile had been making a slaming noise when it reached both ends. Then one day it made a noise like a train wreck. I could see that plastic tape behind the carriage had came off the hook. So I removed the cover to reattach the tape. Just to make sure that the tape stayed on I bent the hook that it hooks to. When I reassemblied the squacking noise began. Since my last post I unbent the hook and most of the squacking went away. I think or imagine that the carriage is more to the left when I open the lid. If I unplug the the printer when the cariage is in the center position and move it to the exact center the noise goes away. I don't know what I did but if anyone else has this problem try these steps Mike
m
l
!