Windows NetMeeting won't accept call over Internet

August 15, 2005 9:34:32 AM

I set up Windows NetMeeting and it works within my LAN with a local IP address.
But when I try to make a call in Netmeeting over the Internet I immediately
receive message 'The other did not accept your call'.
I set the firewall to open up ports 1720, 1503, 389, & 522.
Any idea what is causing this problem?
August 15, 2005 11:54:03 AM

Hi Ron , I could be dead wrong , but I'm sure that the directory service for
netmeeting has migrated over to MSN messenger.

If you're getting an instant message telling you the user did not accept
your call , it's more than likely that a firewall's in play on either side.

Try this article , might help. From KB 158623
TCP connections on ports 522, 389, 1503, 1720 and 1731
UDP connections on dynamically assigned ports (1024-65535).

Adding an exception for the application on the firewall settings might help.
--
________
NIC