Not enough space on temporary folder (message)

I am trying to install an upgrade program (Tom Tom SatNav Software) to my
PDA. This has to be done through the desktop PC
When I insert the CD into the drive of my PC and try to run the Setup
program I get the error message " Not enough free space on temporary folder"
"Cannot run Setup"
I can't find a Temporary folder with anything in it, I have deleted all the
cookies and Temporary Internet files but still the same message.
Can anyone help please?
4 answers Last reply
More about space temporary folder message

    Is the PDA connected to the computer when you try to run setup? The program
    will usually tell you when to connect the PDA.

    "Ribcage" wrote:

    > I am trying to install an upgrade program (Tom Tom SatNav Software) to my
    > PDA. This has to be done through the desktop PC
    > When I insert the CD into the drive of my PC and try to run the Setup
    > program I get the error message " Not enough free space on temporary folder"
    > "Cannot run Setup"
    > I can't find a Temporary folder with anything in it, I have deleted all the
    > cookies and Temporary Internet files but still the same message.
    > Can anyone help please?

    I get the message whether the PDA is connected or not, I have done this
    before and it worked fine. Now I'm totaly confused. Do you know where this
    Temporary Folder is located?

    "Ribcage" <Ribcage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    |>I am trying to install an upgrade program (Tom Tom SatNav Software) to my
    |>PDA. This has to be done through the desktop PC
    |>When I insert the CD into the drive of my PC and try to run the Setup
    |>program I get the error message " Not enough free space on temporary folder"
    |>"Cannot run Setup"
    |>I can't find a Temporary folder with anything in it, I have deleted all the
    |>cookies and Temporary Internet files but still the same message.
    |>Can anyone help please?

    Start/Run <type in> %Temp% <enter>

    This will take you to the temp directory, you might also check your HD
    to see if it's full and delete items supply some work space.

    --

    Elegant Universe from NOVA
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

    Start | Run | Type: %tmp% | Click OK |
    Opens your Temp folder

    Start | Run | Type: temp | Click OK |
    Opens \WINDOWS\temp folder

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:5C11319B-E3E1-477A-BF6C-F8CEEF6205F5@microsoft.com,
    jerryrock <jerryrock@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Is the PDA connected to the computer when you try to run setup? The
    > program will usually tell you when to connect the PDA.
    >
    > "Ribcage" wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to install an upgrade program (Tom Tom SatNav Software) to my
    >> PDA. This has to be done through the desktop PC
    >> When I insert the CD into the drive of my PC and try to run the Setup
    >> program I get the error message " Not enough free space on temporary
    >> folder" "Cannot run Setup"
    >> I can't find a Temporary folder with anything in it, I have deleted all
    >> the cookies and Temporary Internet files but still the same message.
    >> Can anyone help please?

Windows XP