Office XP SP3 won't install on W2K

August 15, 2005 10:44:05 AM

The most recent update to Office XP, which is SP3, will not install on
my system via the automatic update system. Everything seems to
proceed normally... the update downloads, and then I launch the
installation, but at the end I get an error screen that says "Updates
were unable to be successfully installed" and no other error codes or
messages. I tried running the update with my CD in the CD drive, but
it didn't help.

Any ideas?

More about : office sp3 install w2k

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:49:54 PM

Download and install it directly:

Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"akgay" wrote:

| The most recent update to Office XP, which is SP3, will not install on
| my system via the automatic update system. Everything seems to
| proceed normally... the update downloads, and then I launch the
| installation, but at the end I get an error screen that says "Updates
| were unable to be successfully installed" and no other error codes or
| messages. I tried running the update with my CD in the CD drive, but
| it didn't help.
|
| Any ideas?
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 1:19:24 AM

On 15 Aug 2005 06:44:05 -0700, akgay@mindspring.com wrote:

>The most recent update to Office XP, which is SP3, will not install on
>my system via the automatic update system. Everything seems to
>proceed normally... the update downloads, and then I launch the
>installation, but at the end I get an error screen that says "Updates
>were unable to be successfully installed" and no other error codes or
>messages. I tried running the update with my CD in the CD drive, but
>it didn't help.
>
>Any ideas?

Hmm.....

You are asking about an Office Service Pack, running on Win2000,

Please notice the group you are posting too. Notice it lacks the
words OFFICE or Win2000 in the title. This is a group for the
WindowsXP OS, not Office XP or Windows 2000.

Try asking this in a group for OfficeXP for better results.
August 16, 2005 12:56:40 PM

On 15 Aug 2005 06:44:05 -0700, akgay@mindspring.com wrote:

>The most recent update to Office XP, which is SP3, will not install on
>my system via the automatic update system. Everything seems to
>proceed normally... the update downloads, and then I launch the
>installation, but at the end I get an error screen that says "Updates
>were unable to be successfully installed" and no other error codes or
>messages. I tried running the update with my CD in the CD drive, but
>it didn't help.
>
>Any ideas?

Have had this happen before with Office 2003. Just do a repair on
Office and then the udpate will install just fine.

Open any office app and then open Help and select the repair option.
July 30, 2008 6:12:15 AM

All you have to do is check your updates are correct and try install through command line.
!