Can't change shared documents location.

I recently had to do a repair installation on a Windows XP SP2 system. I
used a SP2 slipstream CD to do the repair. For some reason, the Shared
Documents folder was changed to be located in the c:\Windows\Profiles\All
Users directory. I have tried to change it to C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Documents folder using TweakUI, but everytime I change it, Windows XP
changes it back to the Profiles location.

What can I do to get my Shared Directories location back to using
C:\Documents and Settings\... folder?

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com
-----------------------------------
1 answer Last reply
More about change shared documents location

    Ken,

    A registry edit is need to change / reset the Shared documents path to
    defaults.

    Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
    Explorer \ User Shell Folders

    In the right-pane, look for the entry "Common Documents" and double-click
    it.

    Set it's data to "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents".

    Note: If the "Common Documents" value does not exist, create one of type
    REG_EXPAND_SZ, not REG_SZ.

    Reboot.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Ken Varn" <nospam> wrote in message
    >I recently had to do a repair installation on a Windows XP SP2 system. I
    > used a SP2 slipstream CD to do the repair. For some reason, the Shared
    > Documents folder was changed to be located in the c:\Windows\Profiles\All
    > Users directory. I have tried to change it to C:\Documents and
    > Settings\All
    > Users\Documents folder using TweakUI, but everytime I change it, Windows
    > XP
    > changes it back to the Profiles location.
    >
    > What can I do to get my Shared Directories location back to using
    > C:\Documents and Settings\... folder?
    >
    > --
    > Ken Varn
    > Senior Software Engineer