the techs need a break

i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i notice it
is really more of a "see this web page or see that web page" if the
information referenced were not so vast, this would be a good idea. it gets
to be a bit much to have to search through a massive confusing web page.
instead of getting a complete pc history lesson, including refernces to steve
jobs and the 1970's (kidding) how about some real answers. or maybe
this...if it gets so annoying answering the same questions all day, then
create a help/ support forum archive, with good posts, and include it as a
part of the forum. maybe sort of an additional "faq" page or something.

i just read a post by a tech who did not know the consumer was using a sata
hard drive and stated "i would not even have responded". well la di frickin
da. is that not why you are here? how did microsoft's customer feel? i am
sure if he knew enough about it, then he would just fix it himself, without
annoying the techs. i also read a post about snow falling upwards in some
game or another. and it took at least two techs to scold the guy for posting
in the wrong forum. when i view the posts, sometimes just for the education,
i focus on posts that have many responses as i get more information to
consider. having multiple "scoldings" in one post just makes it look like
something i wish to learn from, a question with many answers. my bad, it
was just something i stepped in, i do believe.

i think you all need a break. can i offer a cup of camomile tea?
84 answers Last reply
More about techs break

    This post violates the Relevance to Topic clause of the Rules of Conduct...

    Review the list of newsgroups for the appropriate newsgroup for this topic.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/default.mspx

    How to Ask a Question...

    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_ask_a_question.htm

    ;-)

    Carl

    "MrHappy" <baragonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
    > systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i notice
    > it
    > is really more of a "see this web page or see that web page" if the
    > information referenced were not so vast, this would be a good idea. it
    > gets
    > to be a bit much to have to search through a massive confusing web page.
    > instead of getting a complete pc history lesson, including refernces to
    > steve
    > jobs and the 1970's (kidding) how about some real answers. or maybe
    > this...if it gets so annoying answering the same questions all day, then
    > create a help/ support forum archive, with good posts, and include it as
    > part of the forum. maybe sort of an additional "faq" page or something.
    >
    > i just read a post by a tech who did not know the consumer was using a
    > sata
    > hard drive and stated "i would not even have responded". well la di
    > frickin
    > da. is that not why you are here? how did microsoft's customer feel? i
    > am
    > sure if he knew enough about it, then he would just fix it himself,
    > without
    > annoying the techs. i also read a post about snow falling upwards in some
    > game or another. and it took at least two techs to scold the guy for
    > posting
    > in the wrong forum. when i view the posts, sometimes just for the
    > education,
    > i focus on posts that have many responses as i get more information to
    > consider. having multiple "scoldings" in one post just makes it look like
    > something i wish to learn from, a question with many answers. my bad, it
    > was just something i stepped in, i do believe.
    >
    > i think you all need a break. can i offer a cup of camomile tea?

    "MrHappy" <baragonia@yahoo.com> wrote:

    |>i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
    |>systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i notice it
    |>is really more of a "see this web page or see that web page"

    In the same respect a poster should search Google/Groups
    http://groups-beta.google.com/grphp?hl=en&tab=wg&q= prior to posting
    to see if the subject has been answer'd before (which it most likely
    has)

    I referenced you to a web page :)

    --

    Elegant Universe from NOVA
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

    MrHappy wrote:
    > i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
    > systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i
    > notice it is really more of a "see this web page or see that web
    > page" if the information referenced were not so vast, this would be a
    > good idea. it gets to be a bit much to have to search through a
    > massive confusing web page. instead of getting a complete pc history
    > lesson, including refernces to steve jobs and the 1970's (kidding)
    > how about some real answers. or maybe this...if it gets so annoying
    > answering the same questions all day, then create a help/ support
    > forum archive, with good posts, and include it as a part of the
    > forum. maybe sort of an additional "faq" page or something.
    >
    > i just read a post by a tech who did not know the consumer was using
    > a sata hard drive and stated "i would not even have responded".
    > well la di frickin da. is that not why you are here? how did
    > microsoft's customer feel? i am sure if he knew enough about it,
    > then he would just fix it himself, without annoying the techs. i
    > also read a post about snow falling upwards in some game or another.
    > and it took at least two techs to scold the guy for posting in the
    > wrong forum. when i view the posts, sometimes just for the
    > education, i focus on posts that have many responses as i get more
    > information to consider. having multiple "scoldings" in one post
    > just makes it look like something i wish to learn from, a question
    > with many answers. my bad, it was just something i stepped in, i
    > do believe.
    >
    > i think you all need a break. can i offer a cup of camomile tea?

    These newsgroups are a worldwide community and like any community, the people who post here are very diverse in their experience and abilities. Most of the "techs" here are volunteers and they help with the posted questions where they have knowledge of the issue(s) involved. These "techs" range from the occasional poster with limited knowledge to the professionals who understand the underlying architecture of the Windows operating systems. They all share one thing, the enthusiasm and passion of wanting to help others.

    There is no definitive format or protocols that are required or that everyone uses when posting a response to a problem. Some would rather teach the poster what, how and why the problem occurred and how to fix their own problem ( like the parable about teaching a man how to fish rather than giving him one fish) while others would rather give them a quick fix. Either way, the problem gets solved. In the same vein, some posters would rather get a quick fix rather than get into the underlying reason about how or why the problem occurred in the first place.

    There are many personal websites (authored by many of the newsgroup regulars) that have answers to the most common problems that are posted here and these are a valid resource that can be used. ( why would someone go to the trouble of re-typing the solution when it is already available with a click of the mouse?)

    Regards,
    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    MrHappy wrote:
    > i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
    > systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i
    > notice it is really more of a "see this web page or see that web
    > page" if the information referenced were not so vast, this would be a
    > good idea. it gets to be a bit much to have to search through a
    > massive confusing web page. instead of getting a complete pc history
    > lesson, including refernces to steve jobs and the 1970's (kidding)
    > how about some real answers. or maybe this...if it gets so annoying
    > answering the same questions all day, then create a help/ support
    > forum archive, with good posts, and include it as a part of the
    > forum. maybe sort of an additional "faq" page or something.
    >
    > i just read a post by a tech who did not know the consumer was using
    > a sata hard drive and stated "i would not even have responded".
    > well la di frickin da. is that not why you are here? how did
    > microsoft's customer feel? i am sure if he knew enough about it,
    > then he would just fix it himself, without annoying the techs. i
    > also read a post about snow falling upwards in some game or another.
    > and it took at least two techs to scold the guy for posting in the
    > wrong forum. when i view the posts, sometimes just for the
    > education, i focus on posts that have many responses as i get more
    > information to consider. having multiple "scoldings" in one post
    > just makes it look like something i wish to learn from, a question
    > with many answers. my bad, it was just something i stepped in, i
    > do believe.
    >
    > i think you all need a break. can i offer a cup of camomile tea?

    No place is perfect, and if you think you can do better, then lead by
    example.

    Too many people asking questions here are looking for a quick fix, and
    learning nothing in the process, except how to beg for a quick fix. And
    people that give out the quick fix all the time are just enabling the
    questioners to become fat, lazy, and ignorant when it comes to
    computing.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    One reason that I try to post a link is so the poster can know that it is a
    valid answer from a known source,if I just give an answer they may wonder
    "who is this guy" since anybody on the planet can acces this newsgroup and
    give a reply.Who knows maybe some sicko wants to make the problem worse by
    having them delete/change registry values or the like.
    Just something to consider.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Well said, Mike. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OeDKywboFHA.3408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    MAP <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > One reason that I try to post a link is so the poster can know that it is
    > a valid answer from a known source,if I just give an answer they may
    > wonder "who is this guy" since anybody on the planet can acces this
    > newsgroup and give a reply.Who knows maybe some sicko wants to make the
    > problem worse by having them delete/change registry values or the like.
    > Just something to consider.
    >
    > --
    > Mike Pawlak
    >

    > MrHappy wrote:
    >> i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
    >> systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i
    >> notice it is really more of a "see this web page or see that web
    >> page" if the information referenced were not so vast, this would be a
    >> good idea. it gets to be a bit much to have to search through a
    >> massive confusing web page. instead of getting a complete pc history
    >> lesson, including refernces to steve jobs and the 1970's (kidding)
    >> how about some real answers. or maybe this...if it gets so annoying
    >> answering the same questions all day, then create a help/ support
    >> forum archive, with good posts, and include it as a part of the
    >> forum. maybe sort of an additional "faq" page or something.
    >>
    >> i just read a post by a tech who did not know the consumer was using
    >> a sata hard drive and stated "i would not even have responded".
    >> well la di frickin da. is that not why you are here? how did
    >> microsoft's customer feel? i am sure if he knew enough about it,
    >> then he would just fix it himself, without annoying the techs. i
    >> also read a post about snow falling upwards in some game or another.
    >> and it took at least two techs to scold the guy for posting in the
    >> wrong forum. when i view the posts, sometimes just for the
    >> education, i focus on posts that have many responses as i get more
    >> information to consider. having multiple "scoldings" in one post
    >> just makes it look like something i wish to learn from, a question
    >> with many answers. my bad, it was just something i stepped in, i
    >> do believe.
    >>
    >> i think you all need a break. can i offer a cup of camomile tea?

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:39:51 -0700, "Vagabond Software"
    <vagabondsw-X-@-X-gmail.com> wrote:

    >This post violates the Relevance to Topic clause of the Rules of Conduct...
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
    >
    >Review the list of newsgroups for the appropriate newsgroup for this topic.
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/default.mspx
    >
    >How to Ask a Question...
    >
    >http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_ask_a_question.htm
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    >Carl

    That technical only applies if you post through the web or through
    news.microsoft.com

    Most people follow it out of respect.

    This not a Microsoft support tech help group.

    These groups are here so peers can help each other out.

    Some are tech and some are not. Most are not Microsoft tech.

    If you see msft that person is usually a Microsoft tech. Which they
    post when they have free time.

    Greg Ro

    Your confusing this newsgroups with actual microsoft support.

    "MrHappy" <baragonia@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
    > systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i notice
    > it
    > is really more of a "see this web page or see that web page" if the
    > information referenced were not so vast, this would be a good idea. it
    > gets
    > to be a bit much to have to search through a massive confusing web page.
    > instead of getting a complete pc history lesson, including refernces to
    > steve
    > jobs and the 1970's (kidding) how about some real answers. or maybe
    > this...if it gets so annoying answering the same questions all day, then
    > create a help/ support forum archive, with good posts, and include it as
    > part of the forum. maybe sort of an additional "faq" page or something.
    >
    > i just read a post by a tech who did not know the consumer was using a
    > sata
    > hard drive and stated "i would not even have responded". well la di
    > frickin
    > da. is that not why you are here? how did microsoft's customer feel? i
    > am
    > sure if he knew enough about it, then he would just fix it himself,
    > without
    > annoying the techs. i also read a post about snow falling upwards in some
    > game or another. and it took at least two techs to scold the guy for
    > posting
    > in the wrong forum. when i view the posts, sometimes just for the
    > education,
    > i focus on posts that have many responses as i get more information to
    > consider. having multiple "scoldings" in one post just makes it look like
    > something i wish to learn from, a question with many answers. my bad, it
    > was just something i stepped in, i do believe.
    >
    > i think you all need a break. can i offer a cup of camomile tea?

    I agree with this post, and just to add it is the MVP's that do that.

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > I agree with this post, and just to add it is the MVP's that do that.

    Your reputation around here is mud at best.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    "MrHappy" <baragonia@yahoo.com> wrote

    >i have often posted and reviewed these forums for help with my windows
    > systems. in the past, i have had great detailed "help". lately i notice
    > it
    > is really more of a "see this web page or see that web page" if the
    > information referenced were not so vast, this would be a good idea.

    Depends who's responding. A lot of "MVPs" seem to only know how to copy and
    paste (Hi Carey!). Others, really know the answers. Many non MVPs fit both
    categories as well.

    > it gets
    > to be a bit much to have to search through a massive confusing web page.

    I practically never click on them either.

    > instead of getting a complete pc history lesson, including refernces to
    > steve
    > jobs and the 1970's (kidding) how about some real answers.

    Gotta wade through it to find the diamond in the rough, I'm afraid.

    > or maybe
    > this...if it gets so annoying answering the same questions all day, then
    > create a help/ support forum archive, with good posts, and include it as
    > part of the forum. maybe sort of an additional "faq" page or something.

    You mean make it simple? LOL!

    > i just read a post by a tech who did not know the consumer was using a
    > sata
    > hard drive and stated "i would not even have responded". well la di
    > frickin
    > da. is that not why you are here? how did microsoft's customer feel?

    In all fairness, practically no one from MS dares post here. They only
    censor posts. The replies you see are from people who have too much time on
    their hands, some know what they are talking about, some don't. I have found
    myself in both positions :-)

    > i am
    > sure if he knew enough about it, then he would just fix it himself,
    > without
    > annoying the techs. i also read a post about snow falling upwards in some
    > game or another. and it took at least two techs to scold the guy for
    > posting
    > in the wrong forum.

    Like I said, way too much time on their hands. Net nannies aren't cool, I
    agree.

    > when i view the posts, sometimes just for the education,
    > i focus on posts that have many responses as i get more information to
    > consider. having multiple "scoldings" in one post just makes it look like
    > something i wish to learn from, a question with many answers. my bad, it
    > was just something i stepped in, i do believe.
    >
    > i think you all need a break. can i offer a cup of camomile tea?

    Sure, I'll bring the bowl.

    Alias

    Better than yours ;0)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Better than yours ;0)

    I have a few people that are MicroSycophants that don't like me for my
    opinions, and I wouldn't want their respect.

    You are generally disrespected by some of the most reasonable people and
    well-respected people in this group. Why? Because you disrepected this
    group.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    Kurt does not steal other peoples programs and post them on his website like
    you have a habit of doing!

    Mike Pawlak

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Better than yours ;0)
    >

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message news:eYQBFXcoFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> I agree with this post, and just to add it is the MVP's that do
    >>> that.
    >>
    >> Your reputation around here is mud at best.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peace!
    >> Kurt
    >> Self-anointed Moderator
    >> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    If I had to choose between the two of you, I would (shudder) take Kurt ;-)

    Tom

    Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
    > If I had to choose between the two of you, I would (shudder) take
    > Kurt ;-)

    LOL! That thought is a bit frightening! ;-)

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    All done with permission.

    "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Kurt does not steal other peoples programs and post them on his website
    > like
    > you have a habit of doing!
    >
    > Mike Pawlak
    >

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> Better than yours ;0)
    >>

    >> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    >> message news:eYQBFXcoFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >>>
    >>> Your reputation around here is mud at best.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Peace!
    >>> Kurt
    >>> Self-anointed Moderator
    >>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

    While others have given you some excellent things to read and I happen to agree with them 1000% concerning your posts and attitude all I can add is the link below in which you fit some or most of the categories.

    http://www.shartwell.freeserve.co.uk/humor-site/newsgroup-users.htm

    Peter

    --
    Peter

    In article <uBYQSyeoFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
    dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org says...
    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    > > Better than yours ;0)
    >
    > I have a few people that are MicroSycophants that don't like me for my
    > opinions, and I wouldn't want their respect.
    >
    > You are generally disrespected by some of the most reasonable people and
    > well-respected people in this group. Why? Because you disrepected this
    > group.

    I'll take Kurt over butt head any day.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Then why does the downloads start with "pcbutts1" xyz.exe why not just
    hotlink the file?

    Mike Pawlak

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > All done with permission.
    >

    > "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Kurt does not steal other peoples programs and post them on his
    >> website like
    >> you have a habit of doing!
    >>
    >> Mike Pawlak
    >>

    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> Better than yours ;0)
    >>>

    >>> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    >>> message news:eYQBFXcoFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    kurttrail wrote:
    > Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
    >> If I had to choose between the two of you, I would (shudder) take
    >> Kurt ;-)
    >>

    > LOL! That thought is a bit frightening! ;-)

    It seems that you are developing quite a following! :-)

    --
    Mike Pawlak
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Prove that you are right and I am wrong. I will start making a
    >>> webpage for you like I did with bill.
    >>
    >> LOL! Bill who and lets see that page!
    >>

    > He is talking about myself.
    >
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtc.htm
    >
    > I like how he put *x's* where the manager name should be and in the email.
    > My guess it is forged and he does not know the information to provide.

    Yeah, but it wasn't Bill who told anyone anything, it was "sum"one
    else. :-)

    And no, its not exactly forged. I recognize the text based on what
    Ch.Wi. mailed me when I asked them if he was licensed to redistribute
    Sysinternal's applications.

    However, if you take a look at the source, you'll see it was edited.

    Consider the following:
    style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:
    auto;text-align:center'><span
    style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>It
    has come to our attention that the Web site <a
    providing downloads from the page <a

    may be distributing copyrighted Winternals and/or Sysinternals
    product(s)
    including "PageDefrag.exe". </span></p>

    That's one of the lines that wasn't edited. Now, consider the
    following line, with the x's for the persons name:

    The line that was not entirely changed below it:

    style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial">xxxxxx

    Now, personally, I believe he really got the mail and x'ing out the
    names was a polite thing to do by not publishing this persons name on
    the Internet without their permission. I'm not about to do it either,
    and only referred to them by the first two letters of each name. And I
    only did that after making sure I couldn't find the person on the
    Internet.

    However, where the edits get interesting are further up in the
    document. Consider the following two lines:

    distribution of Winternals or Sysinternals property violates United
    States copyright laws. You should be aware that </span></font>

    information you have submitted and your license and have found that
    you

    A couple different things are interesting. All the other paragraphs
    don't get broken up with that font and span tag. The entire first
    paragraph, with multiple lines, is a single span tag. This one isn't.
    The only two sections where the font size tag is used is this one, and
    the other line that was completely changed.

    I'm sure the response will be something like 'Well, that section had
    proprietary information that I didn't want to post on the web' or some
    such excuse. To which, I would reply, 'Pull the other one, it's got
    bells on.'

    I'm sure that the source code will change sometime soon, after this is
    read. Maybe it is time to ping the other vendor's products he is
    hosting.

    And, to reply to pcbutts1 directly: My spelling is just as good as my
    reading, thank you very much.
  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Because I work for the government, which is why I have licenses for all the
    things I get criticized for, and when you have 25+ techs that needs access
    to any number of tools a central location is needed to make it easier.
    Everything that is offered on my site has been tested and approved for use,
    not modified as some jealous MVP's would like everyone to believe. Most of
    that stuff can be found at multiple locations on the internet. I see too
    many posts with user using the wrong or older versions of software that just
    does not work correctly. Because I have the source code and licensing
    agreement for everything it is quite easy to keep my site updated which is
    done 3 times a week. Have you noticed that the only thing I have offered are
    all free or trial versions? yet the jealous MVP's try to confuse users into
    thinking I am committing some crime. Have you also noticed that it is only
    the MVP's with the exception of Kurt and a few others like Bill who thought
    it was his civic duty to report me. That's why the downloads start with
    pcbutts1.

    > Then why does the downloads start with "pcbutts1" xyz.exe why not just
    > hotlink the file?
    >
    > Mike Pawlak
    >

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> All done with permission.
    >>

    >> "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Kurt does not steal other peoples programs and post them on his
    >>> website like
    >>> you have a habit of doing!
    >>>
    >>> Mike Pawlak

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Because I work for the government, which is why I have licenses for
    > all the things I get criticized for, and when you have 25+ techs that
    > needs access to any number of tools a central location is needed to
    > make it easier. Everything that is offered on my site has been tested
    > and approved for use, not modified as some jealous MVP's would like
    > everyone to believe. Most of that stuff can be found at multiple
    > locations on the internet. I see too many posts with user using the
    > wrong or older versions of software that just does not work
    > correctly. Because I have the source code and licensing agreement for
    > everything it is quite easy to keep my site updated which is done 3
    > times a week. Have you noticed that the only thing I have offered are
    > all free or trial versions? yet the jealous MVP's try to confuse
    > users into thinking I am committing some crime. Have you also noticed
    > that it is only the MVP's with the exception of Kurt and a few others
    > like Bill who thought it was his civic duty to report me. That's why
    > the downloads start with pcbutts1.

    You disrespect this group, and then wonder why the regular members here
    don't like and respect you?

    No one is jealous of you pcButthead.

    And if you look at the responses in this thread, it ain't just me & the
    MVPs that think you are a detriment to the group.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Sorry to tell you, PC, but I am not jealous of anybody with 'butt' in their
    name, and I wouldn't care if you worked for the (Star Trek) Federation of
    Planets, and sat on the Vulcan Council..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    > Because I work for the government, which is why I have licenses for all
    > the things I get criticized for, and when you have 25+ techs that needs
    > access to any number of tools a central location is needed to make it
    > easier. Everything that is offered on my site has been tested and approved
    > for use, not modified as some jealous MVP's would like everyone to
    > believe. Most of that stuff can be found at multiple locations on the
    > internet. I see too many posts with user using the wrong or older versions
    > of software that just does not work correctly. Because I have the source
    > code and licensing agreement for everything it is quite easy to keep my
    > site updated which is done 3 times a week. Have you noticed that the only
    > thing I have offered are all free or trial versions? yet the jealous MVP's
    > try to confuse users into thinking I am committing some crime. Have you
    > also noticed that it is only the MVP's with the exception of Kurt and a
    > few others like Bill who thought it was his civic duty to report me.
    > That's why the downloads start with pcbutts1.

    > "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Then why does the downloads start with "pcbutts1" xyz.exe why not just
    >> hotlink the file?
    >>
    >> Mike Pawlak
    >>

    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> All done with permission.
    >>>

    >>> "MAP" <mikepawlak2REM@OVEhotmail.com> wrote in message

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    If you do indeed work for the government then the licence's you have gotten
    from thr various venders would be for that capacity which this newsgroup is
    not.
    By the way tell Bush that the oil companys made 5 billion profit last year
    they don't need to make 10 billion this year. Enough with the price of gas!

    --
    Mike Pawlak
  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I don't see pcbutts posts since I have blocked them, but I do see replies,
    and feel the need to comment here. The point being made was a simple one.
    Don't download from an area you know nothing about, or you take a chance of
    modified programs and getting bad things into your computer.

    pcb seems to have taken that as a direct hit against him, which it was not.
    Don't bother to reply pc, since I won't see it, but let me assure you that
    NO ONE, repeat NO ONE is in any way jealous of you.

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> Because I work for the government, which is why I have licenses for
    >> all the things I get criticized for, and when you have 25+ techs that
    >> needs access to any number of tools a central location is needed to
    >> make it easier. Everything that is offered on my site has been tested
    >> and approved for use, not modified as some jealous MVP's would like
    >> everyone to believe. Most of that stuff can be found at multiple
    >> locations on the internet. I see too many posts with user using the
    >> wrong or older versions of software that just does not work
    >> correctly. Because I have the source code and licensing agreement for
    >> everything it is quite easy to keep my site updated which is done 3
    >> times a week. Have you noticed that the only thing I have offered are
    >> all free or trial versions? yet the jealous MVP's try to confuse
    >> users into thinking I am committing some crime. Have you also noticed
    >> that it is only the MVP's with the exception of Kurt and a few others
    >> like Bill who thought it was his civic duty to report me. That's why
    >> the downloads start with pcbutts1.
    >
    > You disrespect this group, and then wonder why the regular members here
    > don't like and respect you?
    >
    > No one is jealous of you pcButthead.
    >
    > And if you look at the responses in this thread, it ain't just me & the
    > MVPs that think you are a detriment to the group.
    >
    > --
    > Peace!
    > Kurt
    > Self-anointed Moderator
    > microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    > http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    > "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:01:51 -0400, "kurttrail"
    <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:

    >Who claimed that? People are saying you shouldn't trust dowloads from
    >an unknown source, and instead get them from well-know and established
    >sources.

    Download.com is a well known source until recently it had spyware and
    adaware on their site.

    I would also call msn/windows instant messenger adaware and that from
    Microsoft.

    Even well known sites can have spyware.

    Greg Ro
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    =?Utf-8?B?TXJIYXBweQ==?= wrote:

    > jobs and the 1970's (kidding) how about some real answers. or maybe

    Please request a refund if you dont like the service. TIA.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <ehIoIpnoFHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, fake@nowhere.org
    says...
    > I don't see pcbutts posts since I have blocked them, but I do see replies,
    > and feel the need to comment here. The point being made was a simple one.
    > Don't download from an area you know nothing about, or you take a chance of
    > modified programs and getting bad things into your computer.

    With the exception of our Centra MSDN repository, we don't make anything
    available by file to anyone (including our own team).

    If we send a notice of an update or list of FREE programs to anyone,
    it's a link to the vendors own website/ftp. Anyone that would download a
    application from an unknown source, especially one that's not
    recommended by ALL of the regulars, is a fool - and anyone that doesn't
    understand the reasons for not offering files as an unknown is also a
    fool.

    Since he says:

    > Have you noticed that the only thing I have offered are
    > all free or trial versions?

    There is no reason to put them on his own personal site, just posting
    links to them would be perfect for any intelligent user and it would
    allow the users to get known good applications - one were they don't
    have to second guess if some lamer has infected them. Since those
    applications don't come with MD5 check-sums from the vendor there is no
    way of knowing if he's modified them - the only sure means is to get
    them from the vendors site.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Greg Ro wrote:
    > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:01:51 -0400, "kurttrail"
    > <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Who claimed that? People are saying you shouldn't trust dowloads
    >> from an unknown source, and instead get them from well-know and
    >> established sources.
    >
    > Download.com is a well known source until recently it had spyware and
    > adaware on their site.
    >
    > I would also call msn/windows instant messenger adaware and that from
    > Microsoft.
    >
    > Even well known sites can have spyware.

    Ah, but those sites are in the public eye, and are reported on by the
    tech press.

    And Download.com didn't add the add/spyware. It was the programs that
    did that. If you were dumb enough to download Kazaa, then you really
    deserved what you got with it.

    pcButthead is just some lame schmuck.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    You do things your way I do thing my way.

    > In article <ehIoIpnoFHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, fake@nowhere.org
    > says...
    >> I don't see pcbutts posts since I have blocked them, but I do see
    >> replies,
    >> and feel the need to comment here. The point being made was a simple
    >> one.
    >> Don't download from an area you know nothing about, or you take a chance
    >> of
    >> modified programs and getting bad things into your computer.
    >
    > With the exception of our Centra MSDN repository, we don't make anything
    > available by file to anyone (including our own team).
    >
    > If we send a notice of an update or list of FREE programs to anyone,
    > it's a link to the vendors own website/ftp. Anyone that would download a
    > application from an unknown source, especially one that's not
    > recommended by ALL of the regulars, is a fool - and anyone that doesn't
    > understand the reasons for not offering files as an unknown is also a
    > fool.
    >
    > Since he says:
    >
    >> Have you noticed that the only thing I have offered are
    >> all free or trial versions?
    >
    > There is no reason to put them on his own personal site, just posting
    > links to them would be perfect for any intelligent user and it would
    > allow the users to get known good applications - one were they don't
    > have to second guess if some lamer has infected them. Since those
    > applications don't come with MD5 check-sums from the vendor there is no
    > way of knowing if he's modified them - the only sure means is to get
    > them from the vendors site.
    >

    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > You do things your way I do thing my way.
    >

    > "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
    >> In article <ehIoIpnoFHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, fake@nowhere.org
    >> says...
    >>> I don't see pcbutts posts since I have blocked them, but I do see
    >>> replies,
    >>> and feel the need to comment here. The point being made was a
    >>> simple one.
    >>> Don't download from an area you know nothing about, or you take a
    >>> chance of
    >>> modified programs and getting bad things into your computer.
    >>
    >> With the exception of our Centra MSDN repository, we don't make
    >> anything available by file to anyone (including our own team).
    >>
    >> If we send a notice of an update or list of FREE programs to anyone,
    >> it's a link to the vendors own website/ftp. Anyone that would
    >> download a application from an unknown source, especially one that's
    >> not recommended by ALL of the regulars, is a fool - and anyone that
    >> doesn't understand the reasons for not offering files as an unknown
    >> is also a fool.
    >>
    >> Since he says:
    >>
    >>> Have you noticed that the only thing I have offered are
    >>> all free or trial versions?
    >>
    >> There is no reason to put them on his own personal site, just posting
    >> links to them would be perfect for any intelligent user and it would
    >> allow the users to get known good applications - one were they don't
    >> have to second guess if some lamer has infected them. Since those
    >> applications don't come with MD5 check-sums from the vendor there is
    >> no way of knowing if he's modified them - the only sure means is to
    >> get them from the vendors site.
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

    And you way makes it dubious. Who is gonna trust a download from a
    source the isn't respected?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I'm starting to really miss Sarah!

    --
    Mike Pawlak
  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    MAP wrote:
    > I'm starting to really miss Sarah!

    SHHH! ;-)

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote

    >I don't see pcbutts posts since I have blocked them, but I do see replies,
    >and feel the need to comment here. The point being made was a simple one.
    >Don't download from an area you know nothing about, or you take a chance of
    >modified programs and getting bad things into your computer.
    >
    > pcb seems to have taken that as a direct hit against him, which it was
    > not. Don't bother to reply pc, since I won't see it, but let me assure you
    > that NO ONE, repeat NO ONE is in any way jealous of you.

    He has a web site? And is it called pcbutts1.com?

    LOL!

    Alias

    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> Because I work for the government, which is why I have licenses for
    >>> all the things I get criticized for, and when you have 25+ techs that
    >>> needs access to any number of tools a central location is needed to
    >>> make it easier. Everything that is offered on my site has been tested
    >>> and approved for use, not modified as some jealous MVP's would like
    >>> everyone to believe. Most of that stuff can be found at multiple
    >>> locations on the internet. I see too many posts with user using the
    >>> wrong or older versions of software that just does not work
    >>> correctly. Because I have the source code and licensing agreement for
    >>> everything it is quite easy to keep my site updated which is done 3
    >>> times a week. Have you noticed that the only thing I have offered are
    >>> all free or trial versions? yet the jealous MVP's try to confuse
    >>> users into thinking I am committing some crime. Have you also noticed
    >>> that it is only the MVP's with the exception of Kurt and a few others
    >>> like Bill who thought it was his civic duty to report me. That's why
    >>> the downloads start with pcbutts1.
    >>
    >> You disrespect this group, and then wonder why the regular members here
    >> don't like and respect you?
    >>
    >> No one is jealous of you pcButthead.
    >>
    >> And if you look at the responses in this thread, it ain't just me & the
    >> MVPs that think you are a detriment to the group.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peace!
    >> Kurt
    >> Self-anointed Moderator
    >> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    >> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    >> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
    >> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <DlpMe.1269$AT7.989@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > You do things your way I do thing my way.

    If you were not in it for vanity you would also do it the right way.

    Unlss you have explicit permission from the specific vendors to mirror
    their downloads sites you are most likely in violation of their terms.

    Additionally, what makes you think anyone would trust your modified
    download?

    Why don't you just provide a link to the vendors download page?

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Which is why what I offer here is free. Bush does not listen to me, I'm a
    democrat.

    > If you do indeed work for the government then the licence's you have
    > gotten
    > from thr various venders would be for that capacity which this newsgroup
    > is
    > not.
    > By the way tell Bush that the oil companys made 5 billion profit last year
    > they don't need to make 10 billion this year. Enough with the price of
    > gas!
    >
    > --
    > Mike Pawlak

  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <_ZqMe.24$GV7.6@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Which is why what I offer here is free.

    The free versions of other vendors products must be licenses for
    redistribution on your website explicitly by the vendors. Just because a
    product is a free download does not mean that you have any right to
    setup your own distribution site for warez that are not your own.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Why do you keep saying modified. Nothing that I have offered has been
    modified. Why do you insist on confusing users that they have been. Better
    yet Prove that they have been modified or tampered with and I will give you
    or anyone $5000.00. Deliberately trying to confuse users by attacking me
    because you don't like the way I do things makes you a Troll. Guess which
    one you are http://www.geocities.com/willrobsm/t-guide.htm

    > In article <DlpMe.1269$AT7.989@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> You do things your way I do thing my way.
    >
    > If you were not in it for vanity you would also do it the right way.
    >
    > Unlss you have explicit permission from the specific vendors to mirror
    > their downloads sites you are most likely in violation of their terms.
    >
    > Additionally, what makes you think anyone would trust your modified
    > download?
    >
    > Why don't you just provide a link to the vendors download page?
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    In article <j5rMe.26$GV7.11@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    @seedsv.com says...
    > Why do you keep saying modified. Nothing that I have offered has been
    > modified. Why do you insist on confusing users that they have been. Better
    > yet Prove that they have been modified or tampered with and I will give you
    > or anyone $5000.00. Deliberately trying to confuse users by attacking me
    > because you don't like the way I do things makes you a Troll. Guess which
    > one you are http://www.geocities.com/willrobsm/t-guide.htm

    You said that you modified the file name to have PCBUTTS in it - that's
    a modification of the file and is not how it was presented by the vendor
    you got it from.

    Oh, and we don't spam Usenet with advertisements in our Sig's either.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me
  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > In article <_ZqMe.24$GV7.6@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> Which is why what I offer here is free.
    >
    > The free versions of other vendors products must be licenses for
    > redistribution on your website explicitly by the vendors. Just because a
    > product is a free download does not mean that you have any right to
    > setup your own distribution site for warez that are not your own.
    >

    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  43. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Prove that you are right and I am wrong. I will start making a
    > webpage for you like I did with bill.

    LOL! Bill who and lets see that page!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  44. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> Prove that you are right and I am wrong. I will start making a
    >> webpage for you like I did with bill.
    >
    > LOL! Bill who and lets see that page!

    He is talking about myself.

    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtc.htm

    I like how he put *x's* where the manager name should be and in the email.
    My guess it is forged and he does not know the information to provide.

    --
    William
  45. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    WTC wrote:
    > "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in
    > message news:e6a$bSqoFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> Prove that you are right and I am wrong. I will start making a
    >>> webpage for you like I did with bill.
    >>
    >> LOL! Bill who and lets see that page!
    >>

    > He is talking about myself.
    >
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtc.htm
    >
    > I like how he put *x's* where the manager name should be and in the
    > email. My guess it is forged and he does not know the information to
    > provide.

    From the PageDefrag ReadMe file:

    "You may not distribute PageDefrag in any form, without express written
    permission of Mark Russinovich."

    Doesn't seem his supposed email would fit that bill.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  46. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    What an idiot. I never said that. Some other troll said something similar
    about the path but nothing about the file. You really are a troll.

    > In article <j5rMe.26$GV7.11@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> Why do you keep saying modified. Nothing that I have offered has been
    >> modified. Why do you insist on confusing users that they have been.
    >> Better
    >> yet Prove that they have been modified or tampered with and I will give
    >> you
    >> or anyone $5000.00. Deliberately trying to confuse users by attacking me
    >> because you don't like the way I do things makes you a Troll. Guess which
    >> one you are http://www.geocities.com/willrobsm/t-guide.htm
    >
    > You said that you modified the file name to have PCBUTTS in it - that's
    > a modification of the file and is not how it was presented by the vendor
    > you got it from.
    >
    > Oh, and we don't spam Usenet with advertisements in our Sig's either.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  47. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I nust be moving up in the world! butthead called me a troll!
    And yes you did modify the .exe title its their for all the world to see so
    don't try to hide from it.

    _|_

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > What an idiot. I never said that. Some other troll said something
    > similar about the path but nothing about the file. You really are a
    > troll.

    >> You said that you modified the file name to have PCBUTTS in it -
    >> that's a modification of the file and is not how it was presented by
    >> the vendor you got it from.
    >>
    >> Oh, and we don't spam Usenet with advertisements in our Sig's either.
  48. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    > Oh, and we don't spam Usenet with advertisements in our Sig's either.

    I own that site too. Call the number and report me it's a free call.
    Corporate Office:
    Phone:1-888-378-3555

    > In article <j5rMe.26$GV7.11@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
    > @seedsv.com says...
    >> Why do you keep saying modified. Nothing that I have offered has been
    >> modified. Why do you insist on confusing users that they have been.
    >> Better
    >> yet Prove that they have been modified or tampered with and I will give
    >> you
    >> or anyone $5000.00. Deliberately trying to confuse users by attacking me
    >> because you don't like the way I do things makes you a Troll. Guess which
    >> one you are http://www.geocities.com/willrobsm/t-guide.htm
    >
    > You said that you modified the file name to have PCBUTTS in it - that's
    > a modification of the file and is not how it was presented by the vendor
    > you got it from.
    >
    > Oh, and we don't spam Usenet with advertisements in our Sig's either.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me
  49. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> Oh, and we don't spam Usenet with advertisements in our Sig's either.
    >
    > I own that site too. Call the number and report me it's a free call.
    > Corporate Office:
    > Phone:1-888-378-3555

    So you admit that you are spamming this group with ads to your site!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator