Closed

What are the early signs of a Motherboard going bad?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

What are the early signs of a Motherboard going bad?

If it is the motherboard (Am I correct in assuming that I will need to
shell out $200 or more for a full xp sp2 retail).

$200 I could buy a cheap dell legally.

Greg Ro

Greg Ro
4 answers Last reply
More about what early signs motherboard
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote:

    |>What are the early signs of a Motherboard going bad?

    One way is to check the capacitors http://tinyurl.com/9xbxu

    look for puffy tops, leaking, or pop'd ones - if you find any it's
    time to upgrade.

    --

    Elegant Universe from NOVA
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

    Greg Ro wrote:
    > What are the early signs of a Motherboard going bad? <snip>

    She starts hitting on your friends.

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    first real giggle today - thank you!

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:12:22 -0700, Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

    > Greg Ro <webworm11@yes.lycos.com> wrote:
    >
    >|>What are the early signs of a Motherboard going bad?
    >
    >One way is to check the capacitors http://tinyurl.com/9xbxu
    >
    >look for puffy tops, leaking, or pop'd ones - if you find any it's
    >time to upgrade.

    Good lord, how old is that board? A K7 750, and is that Slot A?

Microsoft Motherboards Windows XP