Does the RC actually run DX11 now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked before, tried searching but to be honest its never worked since i joined.
So basically does W7 run DX11 now ? Some review sites and magazine features say it does and others are speculating on what to expect when its launched.
I looked on the net, i even looked for how to check myself but couldnt find anything.

Thanks
Mactronix

Solution
Just like Win7 RC, I'm sure DX11 is still in a BETA or RC stage. Also, DX11 requires DX11 hardware so those improvements won't be seen until that arrives. We're still stuck in a DX10 world :)

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

That's what it reports, as did the beta. Kind of hard to test though, as there is no hardware available to take advantage of it, and no software that enables DX11 ATM... So an API that's 'all dressed up but no where to go'.

Ok thanks, how do i look for myself ? not that i dont beleive you, just so i know. maybe i can help others in the future :)

The main reason for my asking is there has been talk about how DX11 will bring some improvements to Dx10 /10.1 cards. Well if the RC is running DX11 now then these reported improvements are already here.

Mactronix

leo2kp

Distinguished
Just like Win7 RC, I'm sure DX11 is still in a BETA or RC stage. Also, DX11 requires DX11 hardware so those improvements won't be seen until that arrives. We're still stuck in a DX10 world :)

Solution

Zenthar

Distinguished
Maybe the DX11 API was rearchitectured to be more "multi-thread" optimized, this way even apps using only the "old" DX10 maybe even DX9 might get a slight benefit when using multi-core CPUs specially the i7 with HT. Just a guess here.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Run dxdiag from the command prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.