Pentium 4 Slot 1 out there?

scottyhawaii

Distinguished
May 5, 2003
Does anyone out there know where I can get a Pentium 4 that supports a slot 1 motherboard or a combo of the sorts? the reason is i'm planning to upgrade my comp and i have all these SDRAM left over. i don't want to waste them. if this is NOT feasible what else can i do with upgrades? any help is greatful!

thanks and mahalo,
Scotty

tomasb2

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
No Slot 1 P4's. What I did was sell all of my old parts on E-Bay & used the $'s to buy new parts. You'll never get what you paid but it cuts down on your final cost.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The fastest CPU's you can use are PIII Tualatin based, 1.4GHz PIII or Celeron. The PIII 1.4GHz is faster in some things than the P4 1.8GHz. You would need a Tualatin capable Slot to Socket converter, etc. Read the first post in the Motherboards forum, titled "FAQ".

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

scottyhawaii

Distinguished
May 5, 2003
hey Crash!! where could i get those P3's at? i'm on ebay and i see a P3 1.4ghz for $150 and the motherboards for about $50. again the thing is i want to use the same memory SDRAMs instead of the DDRs. whats my options, bro? again much help is appreciated.

mahalo,
Scotty

Thanks and mahalo,
Scotty

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, if you want to save some money, you can overclock a $40 Celeron 1.1GHz to 1.46GHz by increasing the bus speed to 133MHz, assuming it's PC133 SDRAM.

I'll sell you a good MSI board for $35.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>