Game Longevity

In a recent conversation with a fellow rgp'er, I became interested in
asking the group if there is a game(s) that you never tire of? In his
case, it was NGG.

So, do you also have a true keeper? If so, please include how long
you've had it and how many other pins you have, as both of these
factors seem to play into how soon you get bored with it. Thanks for
you inputs!

I will never tire of my Addams it least I don't think I will, I have
had it for going on four years now. Sure there are times where I will
not play a single game for maybe two or three weeks but when I do I am
glad that I have not gotten rid of it yet. About the only one I still
contemplate on selling at the moment is the AFM.

Current Collection, WWH2o, IJ, AFM, FT, WW, TFTC, SG, AF

Brad

these are all the pins i've owned in order and what happened to them

SS- First machine i ever owned. Also the first machine i ever played
with my wife, we both love the game and i dont see myself ever selling
it. still havent got spider multiball. Game still keeps me laughing
even though i've done almost everything on it.

boring factor 4

TAF - restored it to perfect condition, did a lot of work on it. Got
the game back together, toured the mansion and it bored me to tears.
sold it and dont miss it in the slightest

boring factor 9

ToM - owned it for around a year, got to the wizard mode and was
like....that's it? Machine was a guest favorite so felt bad selling it.
Just got boring knowing there was no payoff at the end of a good game.
Hated that there was no compensation for the magnasave throwing the
ball down the outlane. with all that said this is the only game that i
regret (however small) selling.

boring factor 7

STTNG - bought from an op and spent a ton of time working on all kinds
of problems. Probably my fav game of all time. I've done everything
except finish warp 9.9 wife loves this game also for some reason...i
think it's the cannons. I dont think i'll ever sell it without huuuge
regrets. definetely confuses the non pinballers the most ....not that i
care what they think ;)

boring factor 2

AFM - drove all the way to minneapolis to pick this up, love the fast
aggresive play and the humor definetely a keeper. I dont see myself
selling this game even while owning MM. Still havent got to rule the
universe....was one mars chunk away grrrr

boring factor 3

CFTBL - bought from a local op. and luckily conned RazerX into helping
me fix parts of it ;) Even though i've done everything to do on this
game over and over i friggin love it. Theres something about the
multiball suspense that keeps me coming back again and again.

boring factor 4

MM - bought from a NH op and lucked out (severely) Every bit as good as
AFM with more to laugh about (except wiggling aliens). Dont see myself
ever selling it even though i've completed BFTK. still havent got
barnyard multiball. This game made the guests that were pissed about
ToM forgive me ;).

boring factor 2

CV - bought from a local op. really wanted to like this game because it
was different. But the more i played it the more it just pissed me off.
(Yes i had the home roms). I couldnt stand Roonie, and found myself
timing out almost every animation because it got old fast. I loved the
wizard mode and some aspects of the game but not a keeper in my
opinion. Even the wife looked at me like WTF when she played it for the
first time.

boring factor 8

LOTR - sold the CV and pulled in enough scratch to get a NIB LOTR. Game
is tough as hell and always keeps something out of reach. I dont know
if it has the staying power as MM or STTNG but i'm not near bored yet.
I get tired of the path of the dead and havent checked to see if
there's an easier setting for it and then put the diverter on the end
just to speed up the waiting.

boring factor: TBA

FT - just picked it up and while i'd love to say i've played the hell
out of it it's been folded up with all my other games (except LOTR)
while i finish the pinball room in the new house

boring factor TBA

games i miss in order (besides LOTR since i can still play it) CFTBL,
STTNG, MM, AFM, SS (FT gets a bye)

-c

Real Bells, nickle plated playfield posts, and a 3 peice lock down bar
are my keepers.
All the rest have for sale signs and stay in the shop.
Won't miss any of them.

zTim

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

EM's - Fast Draw Fast Draw Fast Draw (2 years)
SS - EB (3-4 years), Lightning (2 years?) ....LOTR seems to be good
candidate for me lately, it's giving me that long-life feeling but
haven't had it long enough to know for sure. Shadow was another good
one but I needed room so sold it, but that's the only reason.
Not saying it should take years before you just KNOW that it is a
keeper, probably a few months should tell you - continual pushing of
the start button all night, losing track of the time while you are
playing games on it, stuff like that.

Growing up playing EM's in the arcades, then solid states, I've always been
on the fence as to what era I prefer, but my favorite EM's seem to be
Williams Olympic Hockey and Funfest, and with solid state, I would say
Gorgar. Pre dmd solid state, Fun house. I currently own 30 pins.....I
think. Hard to say since some are projects unassembled at this point.

I always try to stick with buying games I played on location, or games with
unique designs. You may get temporarily bored with them, but if you love
the pin, you will come back to it sooner or later.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com pinball dvd's for sale

"cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> In a recent conversation with a fellow rgp'er, I became interested in
> asking the group if there is a game(s) that you never tire of? In his
> case, it was NGG.
>
> So, do you also have a true keeper? If so, please include how long
> you've had it and how many other pins you have, as both of these
> factors seem to play into how soon you get bored with it. Thanks for
> you inputs!

If you think you're bored of it, let it sit for a couple months.
You'll be back on it soon and no longer bored! That's what makes
pinball so special - rediscovering old nuances.