double desktop shortcuts

Every program I install (XP Pro) adds two identical shortcuts to the desktop.
If I delete or cut either of them - - - the remaining one doesn't work.
2 answers Last reply
More about double desktop shortcuts

    If you check the properties of the shortcuts do they point to the actual
    applications or somewhere else? I've seen this but can't remember the
    solution. Answering my first question might jog my memory.

    See this for a fix...
    Duplicate Icons in the Desktop
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/duplicatedesktop.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:5C2DA5C9-D847-4280-B38C-7C2795DD1C8D@microsoft.com,
    Ecurb <Ecurb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Every program I install (XP Pro) adds two identical shortcuts to the
    > desktop. If I delete or cut either of them - - - the remaining one
    > doesn't work.

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP