double desktop shortcuts

August 15, 2005 4:25:08 PM

Every program I install (XP Pro) adds two identical shortcuts to the desktop.
If I delete or cut either of them - - - the remaining one doesn't work.
August 15, 2005 4:39:06 PM

If you check the properties of the shortcuts do they point to the actual
applications or somewhere else? I've seen this but can't remember the
solution. Answering my first question might jog my memory.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 6:00:03 PM

See this for a fix...
Duplicate Icons in the Desktop