Announcing Illinois Pin Ball Company Website

kim

I would like to announce our new Illinois Pin Ball Company website
WWW.IllinoisPinBall.Com We currently only have two pages published.
The first is a list containing all of our active IPB distributors with
their website & email addresses. The second is a partial list of our
pinball Decal inventory that has been remade using original artwork and
is now ready for sale.

Our long term goal is to have a variety of information and a full parts
inventory catalog available to the pinball community. When time
permits, we will update and expand our website with new features so
please bookmark our website and check back for updates.

Thanks,

Kim

C00L! :)

--
Fred
TX

<Kim@IllinoisPinBall.Com> wrote in message news:1120177368.053637.237570@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I would like to announce our new Illinois Pin Ball Company website
> WWW.IllinoisPinBall.Com We currently only have two pages published.
> The first is a list containing all of our active IPB distributors with
> their website & email addresses. The second is a partial list of our
> pinball Decal inventory that has been remade using original artwork and
> is now ready for sale.
>
> Our long term goal is to have a variety of information and a full parts
> inventory catalog available to the pinball community. When time
> permits, we will update and expand our website with new features so
> please bookmark our website and check back for updates.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kim

also, wouldn't it be better if the list was set up by state instead of
alphabetized? or alphabetize by state?

god forbid your slowest distributor wouldn't be first on the list.

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Might want to make it more professional before releasing. To be
totally blunt, it comes off looking like a kid's unfinished FrontPage
project.

Here's hoping it improves with age....

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Worse than FrontPage, I believe its a word doc exported to HTML :p

BWAGNER5150 wrote:
> Might want to make it more professional before releasing. To be
> totally blunt, it comes off looking like a kid's unfinished FrontPage
> project.
>
> Here's hoping it improves with age....

Search old posts will have the answer. For copyright or trademark the one
word version was already used. LTG :)

On Fri, 01 Jul, Kim@IllinoisPinBall.Com wrote:
> I would like to announce our new Illinois Pin Ball Company website
> WWW.IllinoisPinBall.Com We currently only have two pages published.
> The first is a list containing all of our active IPB distributors with
> their website & email addresses. The second is a partial list of our
> pinball Decal inventory that has been remade using original artwork and
> is now ready for sale.
>
> Our long term goal is to have a variety of information and a full parts
> inventory catalog available to the pinball community. When time
> permits, we will update and expand our website with new features so
> please bookmark our website and check back for updates.

Nice start!

I notice Bay Area is missing from the distributor list, though. An
oversite, or something we need to know?

--Donnie

FLiPPY

Distinguished
May 18, 2003

The word "the" should be ignored when you alphabetize
your list of distributors.
e.g. Mayfair & Pinball Resource

Great start, a full parts list would be perfect. Certainly would be
good to know what might be available when contemplating the purchase of
an unshopped game. Selling direct would be perfecter!!

Sheesh!!, if you don't sell direct , then what's the website for?

Looks?

Can't we EVER get away from distributors?????

dang it!

TexasSteven
sorry.....JMHO

Well if we (or the distributors) had any idea what was available from IPB,
then they could at least try to order it. As it stands, it just ain't worth
placing orders for parts when you have no idea if they're even available
(though I've tried it countless times.)

Randy

In article <5wdxe.3540$fO3.936009@news.sisna.com>,
TexasSteven <rothrock@stic.net> wrote:
>Sheesh!!, if you don't sell direct , then what's the website for?
>Looks?
>Can't we EVER get away from distributors?????

It *could* be for the same reason that Stern Pinball has a website, that
Williams used to have a (pinball) website, etc.

Consider this: maybe they are finally doing this because their distribs
want them to have a website?
--
.................David Marston at MV

David Marston Wrote:

> Consider this: maybe they are finally doing this because their distribs
> want them to have a website?

Yup , that sounds like it.....go figure.....satisfy the distribs not the
customers (Pinheads)
LOL

: o (

TexasSteven

Well, I guess no matter what IPB does, overhere they will get flamed for it
anyway.

I have been at IPB a few months ago and even suggested to make a website
with a list of distributors and their contact info. Fact is: many parts are
available but can't be ordered directly by consumers. At least now I know
who to contact to see if they can order my part.

Joe

"David Marston" <marston@osmium.mv.net> schreef in bericht
> In article <5wdxe.3540$fO3.936009@news.sisna.com>,
> TexasSteven <rothrock@stic.net> wrote:
> >Sheesh!!, if you don't sell direct , then what's the website for?
> >Looks?
> >Can't we EVER get away from distributors?????
>
> It *could* be for the same reason that Stern Pinball has a website, that
> Williams used to have a (pinball) website, etc.
>
> Consider this: maybe they are finally doing this because their distribs
> want them to have a website?
> --
> ................David Marston at MV

I was told yesterday that some guy named Swartz who runs one of the
amusement auction companies bought a BUNCH of Williams NOS parts from
someone in Bloomington, IL (who could that be) and was selling them off. The
guy that I talked to bought stuff like coin doors, pinball 2000 monitors,
etc from him.
"J O E" <thabartmanAT@hotmailDOT.com> wrote in message
> Well, I guess no matter what IPB does, overhere they will get flamed for
> it
> anyway.
>
> I have been at IPB a few months ago and even suggested to make a website
> with a list of distributors and their contact info. Fact is: many parts
> are
> available but can't be ordered directly by consumers. At least now I know
> who to contact to see if they can order my part.
>
> Joe
>

> "David Marston" <marston@osmium.mv.net> schreef in bericht
>> In article <5wdxe.3540$fO3.936009@news.sisna.com>,
>> TexasSteven <rothrock@stic.net> wrote:
>> >Sheesh!!, if you don't sell direct , then what's the website for?
>> >Looks?
>> >Can't we EVER get away from distributors?????
>>
>> It *could* be for the same reason that Stern Pinball has a website, that
>> Williams used to have a (pinball) website, etc.
>>
>> Consider this: maybe they are finally doing this because their distribs
>> want them to have a website?
>> --
>> ................David Marston at MV

The auction was for pallets of Video Game stuff not Pinball that Gene
helped arranged the sale for Williams.

> Well if we (or the distributors) had any idea what was available

Well they now have a decal page up. This is a good start. I always
hear about IPB, but havent the slightest clue what they sell. They may
well have several rare items I would love to have, but if I dont KNOW
about them I wont ever call one of their distributors. It looks like
someone there finally took a Marketing 101 class and has learned that
advertising is a GOOD thing and will help improve the bottom line!

Dont stop IPB...let's see more!

Barry - NY

I think that the biggest complaint from everyone is that IPB has had
thousands of much needed Williams parts for years, and has never followed
through on their "promises" to get them sorted out and ready to be sold.
In the meantime they are trying to build new pinball machines, getting KISS
flyers reproduced, etc.
The distributors that I have dealt with will get a small shipment of
something out of the blue from IPB that they have had on order for a year,
and then not be able to get the same part again.
Now instead of getting to the important parts that collectors really need
they are taking the easy road again and are getting things like decal made,
or are getting them from the people that they filed (or threatened to file)
lawsuits against.
I have heard some people say that they are getting "real" parts from IPB,
but no one has posted any specifics.
I've given up and am just waiting for the IPB rights to expire so that
hopefully someone else will grab the ball and run with it like the jukebox
repro parts companies have done.
Of course this is all just my opinion...

<Backglass@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Well if we (or the distributors) had any idea what was available
>
> Well they now have a decal page up. This is a good start. I always
> hear about IPB, but havent the slightest clue what they sell. They may
> well have several rare items I would love to have, but if I dont KNOW
> about them I wont ever call one of their distributors. It looks like
> someone there finally took a Marketing 101 class and has learned that
> advertising is a GOOD thing and will help improve the bottom line!
>
> Dont stop IPB...let's see more!
>
> Barry - NY

And indeed I respect your opinion.

I see it this way: Gene bought the rights, parts, whatever.
His money. Since that is the case, I'd believe he is entitled
to do whatever he pleases with what he paid for.

Simple for me.

If he wishes to "share" any of the stuff he bought, or wants
to make something for us to buy, that's fine with me, too.

--
Fred
TX

"Keith Stelter" <stelter@qtm.net> wrote in message news:42c7edbc$1_2@spool9-west.superfeed.net...
> I think that the biggest complaint from everyone is that IPB has had
> thousands of much needed Williams parts for years, and has never followed
> through on their "promises" to get them sorted out and ready to be sold.
> In the meantime they are trying to build new pinball machines, getting KISS
> flyers reproduced, etc.
> The distributors that I have dealt with will get a small shipment of
> something out of the blue from IPB that they have had on order for a year,
> and then not be able to get the same part again.
> Now instead of getting to the important parts that collectors really need
> they are taking the easy road again and are getting things like decal made,
> or are getting them from the people that they filed (or threatened to file)
> lawsuits against.
> I have heard some people say that they are getting "real" parts from IPB,
> but no one has posted any specifics.
> I've given up and am just waiting for the IPB rights to expire so that
> hopefully someone else will grab the ball and run with it like the jukebox
> repro parts companies have done.
> Of course this is all just my opinion...

Sell direct?

C'mon... there's 5 different types of stickers and so many combinations
that could be ordered.. I mean 1 set of this and 1 set of that... it
could take HOURS of manpower to assemble those orders. THAT'S WHY
there's the whole distribution network for 5 sets of stickers.
C'mon, do you think they have the time to just put those .0002 oz
stickers in a #10 envelope with $.37 postange and mail them?? Where's
the mark-up? Where's the middleman?? Where's the distributor parts
counter guy with attitude to make you wait while they fix some stupid
bill validator vendor who's there ahead of you. Get with the program,
this is how it's done. If you were to make these parts easy to get
directly, they'd be too successful and we all know that there's no
money in this game. Williams proved that -- using the same
distribution method.

Sorry, but distributors are vital and absolutely necessary. Think of
it this way, grocery stores are distributors. How would you like to
shop for your groceries by having to go to each individual farmer?
Walmart and other department stores are distributors. How would you
like to shop for all your clothes and essentials by having to order
each from all the different companies? Not to mention the burden
placed on these companies to handle all the individual small orders.
It wouldn't work.

If there aren't distributors then each time you shop out a machine
you'll have to contact 20 different companies to find everything you
need. Good luck finding them all. Distributors are a one shop place
and without them, no industry survives. Our company could sell
exclusively direct and make much more on each item. But we believe in
the distributor network and believe companies like Marco, Bay Area, Mad
Amusements, Mazzco, Pinball Heaven, Pinball Resource and all the others
are important in order for this hobby to exist.

James Loflin
Pinball Inc.
www.pinballinc.com

TexasSteven wrote:
> Sheesh!!, if you don't sell direct , then what's the website for?
>
> Looks?
>

> Can't we EVER get away from distributors?????
>

> dang it!
>

> TexasSteven
> sorry.....JMHO

> Not to mention the burden placed on these companies to handle all the individual small orders. It wouldn't work.

Dell comes to mind...

>Our company could sell exclusively direct and make much more on each item. But we believe in the distributor network...

It sounds like you have good communication with your distributers. You
have a well organized website showing every product you make, and what
is available. You have informed both your distributers & end-users at
the same time. Thats smart business.

I believe the complaint is that IPB doesnt do this very well. Even the
distributers aren't sure what IBP does/doesnt have!

Their website is an excellent start. I hope they realized that it will
be a full time job for one person and they see it to completion.

Barry - NY

I would agree except that Gene came out and announced his plans several
times publicly at shows, etc., and those plans were to quickly sort through
all of the Williams parts so that they would be available for collectors.
When he didn't follow through in a timely fashion he left himself open for
criticism in the same way that politicians get criticized for not doing what
they promised during their election.
10 years ago a guy told everyone that he was going to make reproduction
jukebox domes for several models of jukes. People bought up the jukes in
anticipation of the domes that were always "just a few more weeks away".
After about 3 years everyone realized that he wasn't really going to follow
through on it and had to sell the jukes for next to nothing because EVERYONE
knew that there were no domes available.