Playing Video thru TV

I have connected my XP-SP2 laptop to a TV using an S-Video cable and can see
everything on the TV just fine (although the resolution isn't fantastic)
except when I try to play a DVD video thru Intervideo or Media Player. The
video plays fine on the laptop, but the TV just shows black where the video
should be. Any ideas? Thanks!

In Media Player, go to Tools -> Options -> Performance
-> Advanced. Uncheck the two boxes labeled "Use overlays".

--
-Bob