Windows Xp Registry errors

Hi;

The fauls in windows Xp Registry may slow you PC down or make it hanging.

I hav tried several different programs witch offer resolving thise problems.

The best produkt I have found is TuneUp link: http://www.tune-up.com/

I have bought this produkt because I want to get rid of the registry fauls.

WinTune also optimise a lot af settings in the registry. It is good.
Download an try it for free. My PC is working better than ever after using
WinTune.

--------------
Best regards
David Jabaroth
Denmark
-----------
11 answers Last reply
More about windows registry errors

    David Jabaroth wrote:

    > Hi;
    >
    > The fauls in windows Xp Registry may slow you PC down or make it
    > hanging.
    >
    > I hav tried several different programs witch offer resolving thise
    > problems.
    >
    > The best produkt I have found is TuneUp link: http://www.tune-up.com/
    >
    > I have bought this produkt because I want to get rid of the registry
    > fauls.
    >
    > WinTune also optimise a lot af settings in the registry. It is good.
    > Download an try it for free. My PC is working better than ever after
    > using WinTune.

    This is the second time you've posted this. One time may be just
    enthusiasm for a product and you want to share. Twice is suspiciously
    spam-like, particularly when the registry in XP does not "slow down" in
    the way you describe. Registry cleaners are unnecessary in XP and in
    the wrong hands, positively dangerous. There is no need to pay for
    third-party registry cleaners or tune-up programs if you are running
    XP.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    To Malke.

    Oh really!!!

    I've have been a mainframe system developer since 1973. I'm not a novice you
    can impress.

    Do you know MS REGCLEANER??? Why have MS developed this product???

    Even after a clean install of Windows XP there is a lot af fauls in the
    registry.

    Please understand that my words are true:

    WinTune also optimise a lot af settings in the registry. It is good.
    My PC is working better than ever after using WinTune.

    I'm not trying to sell the product, and have no interest in others to get
    the product.

    And who do you thing you are, telling me to do and what not to do???

    I can write what I like and place my words in both Windows XP General and in
    Windows XP, if I like.

    I do not like peoble who think that only their way of thinking is the right.

    Best regard
    David Jabaroth

    --
    Best regards
    David Jabaroth

    "Malke" wrote:

    > David Jabaroth wrote:
    >
    > > Hi;
    > >
    > > The fauls in windows Xp Registry may slow you PC down or make it
    > > hanging.
    > >
    > > I hav tried several different programs witch offer resolving thise
    > > problems.
    > >
    > > The best produkt I have found is TuneUp link: http://www.tune-up.com/
    > >
    > > I have bought this produkt because I want to get rid of the registry
    > > fauls.
    > >
    > > WinTune also optimise a lot af settings in the registry. It is good.
    > > Download an try it for free. My PC is working better than ever after
    > > using WinTune.
    >
    > This is the second time you've posted this. One time may be just
    > enthusiasm for a product and you want to share. Twice is suspiciously
    > spam-like, particularly when the registry in XP does not "slow down" in
    > the way you describe. Registry cleaners are unnecessary in XP and in
    > the wrong hands, positively dangerous. There is no need to pay for
    > third-party registry cleaners or tune-up programs if you are running
    > XP.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Tuning Registry values is an completely different topic from cleaners.
    Just look at Kelly's site and how many Tweaks or Fixes she offers
    via the Registry. None could be considered either cleaners/removers.

    Microsoft RegClean was developed and offered for use with the 9X
    & ME products, not NT/2000/XP/Vista. The Registry structure is
    very different between the two code bases.

    On a fresh XP install there are no Registry "Faults". Perhaps keys or
    values that aren't fully referenced - but cannot be considered faults.

    The unspoken rule here is "Do no harm". Recommending a Registry
    cleaner has to be discouraged. Google returns 865,000 matches for
    "Registry Cleaner". If only 1 out of 100 Registry cleanings results in
    an unbootable PC then that's too great a risk.

    The perceived need for Registry Cleaning comes from poorly written
    or implemented uninstall routines. Programs leave behind all sorts of
    remnants. That's not a Windows issue but one for 3rd-party software
    vendors to address. The Registry is complex, intertwined database
    that depends on proper linking between elements (Hives). The issue
    with cleaning the Registry is knowing when to stop. It's like death by
    a thousand cuts. Rip out part of the Registry today and you may not
    experience the damage for days, weeks or months. When it is found
    trying to repair it is nearly impossible.

    If it works for you, that's good - but you'll never promote one in
    XP General that you won't get quick and multiple rebuttals.

    R. McCarty wrote:

    > Tuning Registry values is an completely different topic from cleaners.
    > Just look at Kelly's site and how many Tweaks or Fixes she offers
    > via the Registry. None could be considered either cleaners/removers.
    >
    > Microsoft RegClean was developed and offered for use with the 9X
    > & ME products, not NT/2000/XP/Vista. The Registry structure is
    > very different between the two code bases.
    >
    > On a fresh XP install there are no Registry "Faults". Perhaps keys or
    > values that aren't fully referenced - but cannot be considered faults.
    >
    > The unspoken rule here is "Do no harm". Recommending a Registry
    > cleaner has to be discouraged. Google returns 865,000 matches for
    > "Registry Cleaner". If only 1 out of 100 Registry cleanings results in
    > an unbootable PC then that's too great a risk.
    >
    > The perceived need for Registry Cleaning comes from poorly written
    > or implemented uninstall routines. Programs leave behind all sorts of
    > remnants. That's not a Windows issue but one for 3rd-party software
    > vendors to address. The Registry is complex, intertwined database
    > that depends on proper linking between elements (Hives). The issue
    > with cleaning the Registry is knowing when to stop. It's like death by
    > a thousand cuts. Rip out part of the Registry today and you may not
    > experience the damage for days, weeks or months. When it is found
    > trying to repair it is nearly impossible.
    >
    > If it works for you, that's good - but you'll never promote one in
    > XP General that you won't get quick and multiple rebuttals.

    What he said. Well done, couldn't ever have said it better myself. The
    OP can run all the registry cleaners he wants, but it isn't necessary
    and if you don't know how to hand-edit the registry, you shouldn't be
    messing with it.

    Malke

    On 2005-08-16, Malke <invalid@not-real.com> wrote:
    > R. McCarty wrote:
    >
    >> Tuning Registry values is an completely different topic from cleaners.
    >> Just look at Kelly's site and how many Tweaks or Fixes she offers
    >> via the Registry. None could be considered either cleaners/removers.
    >>
    >> Microsoft RegClean was developed and offered for use with the 9X
    >> & ME products, not NT/2000/XP/Vista. The Registry structure is
    >> very different between the two code bases.
    >>
    >> On a fresh XP install there are no Registry "Faults". Perhaps keys or
    >> values that aren't fully referenced - but cannot be considered faults.
    >>
    >> The unspoken rule here is "Do no harm". Recommending a Registry
    >> cleaner has to be discouraged. Google returns 865,000 matches for
    >> "Registry Cleaner". If only 1 out of 100 Registry cleanings results in
    >> an unbootable PC then that's too great a risk.
    >>
    >> The perceived need for Registry Cleaning comes from poorly written
    >> or implemented uninstall routines. Programs leave behind all sorts of
    >> remnants. That's not a Windows issue but one for 3rd-party software
    >> vendors to address. The Registry is complex, intertwined database
    >> that depends on proper linking between elements (Hives). The issue
    >> with cleaning the Registry is knowing when to stop. It's like death by
    >> a thousand cuts. Rip out part of the Registry today and you may not
    >> experience the damage for days, weeks or months. When it is found
    >> trying to repair it is nearly impossible.
    >>
    >> If it works for you, that's good - but you'll never promote one in
    >> XP General that you won't get quick and multiple rebuttals.
    >>

    > What he said. Well done, couldn't ever have said it better myself. The
    > OP can run all the registry cleaners he wants, but it isn't necessary
    > and if you don't know how to hand-edit the registry, you shouldn't be
    > messing with it.
    >
    > Malke

    If the need for cleaning the registry is based on poorly written code,
    then ms does poorly written code (not a surprise).

    I don't know if the registry listing for the "Remote Access Connection"
    still contain a listing of all websites one has visited/accessed but
    I disable the "feature" each time I have to reinstall windows & have
    continued to do so. ms had stated that it was to "help" accessing
    the website quicker & clearing the browser's history, cache & dropdown
    listing didn't clean-out the registry of the websites.

    After finding the situation by accident, I've always gone into the
    registry to disable the service for RAC. I do not believe that
    leaving the websites in the registry is "do no harm".

    Can you post the Key name for me. As far as I know the only web
    type data that gets stored in the Registry is P3P values for Cookie
    handling and IE Zone sites.

    Again I think we are mixing things up a bit. The Registry does have
    and maintain a number MRU (Most Recently Used) tables. Clearing
    those presents no operational threats to XP. In the case you sight -
    you're clearing something that will be repopulated with use, not removing
    it entirely from the Registry.

    I'm not against specific Registry cleanup utilities from software vendors.
    Symantec probably makes better clean-up tools than the products
    themselves. Roxio also has a Cleanup called RoxioZAP. If created
    by the company themselves - they should know what to remove from
    the Registry. It's the automated Registry Cleaners for general use that
    may be hazardous to your PC's health.

    <plew@csus_abcdefg.edu> wrote in message
    > On 2005-08-16, Malke <invalid@not-real.com> wrote:
    >> R. McCarty wrote:
    >>
    >>> Tuning Registry values is an completely different topic from cleaners.
    >>> Just look at Kelly's site and how many Tweaks or Fixes she offers
    >>> via the Registry. None could be considered either cleaners/removers.
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft RegClean was developed and offered for use with the 9X
    >>> & ME products, not NT/2000/XP/Vista. The Registry structure is
    >>> very different between the two code bases.
    >>>
    >>> On a fresh XP install there are no Registry "Faults". Perhaps keys or
    >>> values that aren't fully referenced - but cannot be considered faults.
    >>>
    >>> The unspoken rule here is "Do no harm". Recommending a Registry
    >>> cleaner has to be discouraged. Google returns 865,000 matches for
    >>> "Registry Cleaner". If only 1 out of 100 Registry cleanings results in
    >>> an unbootable PC then that's too great a risk.
    >>>
    >>> The perceived need for Registry Cleaning comes from poorly written
    >>> or implemented uninstall routines. Programs leave behind all sorts of
    >>> remnants. That's not a Windows issue but one for 3rd-party software
    >>> vendors to address. The Registry is complex, intertwined database
    >>> that depends on proper linking between elements (Hives). The issue
    >>> with cleaning the Registry is knowing when to stop. It's like death by
    >>> a thousand cuts. Rip out part of the Registry today and you may not
    >>> experience the damage for days, weeks or months. When it is found
    >>> trying to repair it is nearly impossible.
    >>>
    >>> If it works for you, that's good - but you'll never promote one in
    >>> XP General that you won't get quick and multiple rebuttals.
    >>>

    >> What he said. Well done, couldn't ever have said it better myself. The
    >> OP can run all the registry cleaners he wants, but it isn't necessary
    >> and if you don't know how to hand-edit the registry, you shouldn't be
    >> messing with it.
    >>
    >> Malke
    >
    > If the need for cleaning the registry is based on poorly written code,
    > then ms does poorly written code (not a surprise).
    >
    > I don't know if the registry listing for the "Remote Access Connection"
    > still contain a listing of all websites one has visited/accessed but
    > I disable the "feature" each time I have to reinstall windows & have
    > continued to do so. ms had stated that it was to "help" accessing
    > the website quicker & clearing the browser's history, cache & dropdown
    > listing didn't clean-out the registry of the websites.
    >
    > After finding the situation by accident, I've always gone into the
    > registry to disable the service for RAC. I do not believe that
    > leaving the websites in the registry is "do no harm".

    Don't know what the "key" is but the name is "Remote Access

    Auto Connection Manager". I know that it had website urls in
    win95, win98se & possibily nt4 (don't remember) and were listed under
    "remote access" as part of the name in the registry.

    Even the description of the remote access auto connection manager
    says that it "creates a connection to a remote network whenever a
    program references a remote DNS or Netbios name.

    It has been quite a few years since my encounter or even had used
    win95, win98se or even nt4.

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:49:48 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
    wrote:

    >What he said. Well done, couldn't ever have said it better myself. The
    >OP can run all the registry cleaners he wants, but it isn't necessary
    >and if you don't know how to hand-edit the registry, you shouldn't be
    >messing with it.
    >
    >Malke

    RegsupremePro found over 600 invalid reg entries in my registry. How
    long would that take you to find and cull by hand? Oh, and it did no
    harm to my XP install when I had it delete the invalid registry
    entries. I've been using RegsupremePro for about two years with no ill
    effects yet. You do it your way and I'll do it mine. My way is a *lot*
    faster.

    Praxiteles Democritus wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:49:48 -0700, Malke <invalid@not-real.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>What he said. Well done, couldn't ever have said it better myself. The
    >>OP can run all the registry cleaners he wants, but it isn't necessary
    >>and if you don't know how to hand-edit the registry, you shouldn't be
    >>messing with it.
    >>
    >>Malke
    >
    > RegsupremePro found over 600 invalid reg entries in my registry. How
    > long would that take you to find and cull by hand? Oh, and it did no
    > harm to my XP install when I had it delete the invalid registry
    > entries. I've been using RegsupremePro for about two years with no ill
    > effects yet. You do it your way and I'll do it mine. My way is a *lot*
    > faster.

    I'm sure it is. But it is unnecessary. Unlike older MS operating
    systems, having extra entries in the registry (and I'm not talking
    about malware entries) does not slow down the computer. I've never
    cleaned out the registry for maintenance purposes on any of my Windows
    machines and they are just as fast as the day I installed the os. But
    if you're happy doing that sort of thing, that's great. I'm all about
    choice; it's A Good Thing.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic"

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:48:50 -0400, "R. McCarty"
    <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> wrote:

    > I'm not against specific Registry cleanup utilities from software vendors.
    >Symantec probably makes better clean-up tools than the products
    >themselves.

    Symantec's is one of the worst. There are better reg cleaners out
    there. Yes, I've used Symantec's reg cleaner, and yes, it has screwed
    my system.

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:41:19 -0700, Malke <notreally@invalid.com>
    wrote:

    >I'm sure it is. But it is unnecessary. Unlike older MS operating
    >systems, having extra entries in the registry (and I'm not talking
    >about malware entries) does not slow down the computer. I've never
    >cleaned out the registry for maintenance purposes on any of my Windows
    >machines and they are just as fast as the day I installed the os. But
    >if you're happy doing that sort of thing, that's great. I'm all about
    >choice; it's A Good Thing.
    >
    >Malke

    So you're saying the registry in XP can be as big as it wants to be
    with no ill effect? I still prefer to keep mine clean.

Registry Windows XP