problems with windows explore

Hello:

i' use windows XP professional. recently, I've encounter a very strange
problem with my windows XP:

whenever you open up a window explorer and close it, it will freeses the
whole thing for 10 seconds, then the whole desktop refreshes( ie the desktop
turns blue, will all icons on it disappearing and then reappears.)

this happened to me when I log in as an administrator, all the time, without
exception but had never happend with another (second) login name prior to
yesterady. starting from yesterday, after I've got a message "you re running
low in memory" from windows, this starts happening too to the 2nd log in name
too. "the memory low" message happened when I logged in using my 2nd login
name and was buring a dvd. at that time, my hard drive was low in space too.
so I deleted some unused files (safe files only) .

I defregged, restarted, but in vain, it happens almost all the time. I was
curious why it happened so at first with my 1 st login name, and now with my
second login name too.

any hint? I don't download anything to this computer at all.

Malke

~zeng wrote:

> Hello:
>
> i' use windows XP professional. recently, I've encounter a very
> strange problem with my windows XP:
>
> whenever you open up a window explorer and close it, it will freeses
> the whole thing for 10 seconds, then the whole desktop refreshes( ie
> the desktop turns blue, will all icons on it disappearing and then
> reappears.)
>
> this happened to me when I log in as an administrator, all the time,
> without
> exception but had never happend with another (second) login name
> prior to yesterady. starting from yesterday, after I've got a message
> "you re running low in memory" from windows, this starts happening too
> to the 2nd log in name too. "the memory low" message happened when I
> logged in using my 2nd login name and was buring a dvd. at that time,
> my hard drive was low in space too.
> so I deleted some unused files (safe files only) .
>
> I defregged, restarted, but in vain, it happens almost all the time. I
> was curious why it happened so at first with my 1 st login name, and
> now with my second login name too.
>
> any hint? I don't download anything to this computer at all.

Please go through the normal troubleshooting for malware, whether you
download anything to the computer or not. It will help eliminate
factors. Then post back with the results and we can focus the
troubleshooting more.

If the computer is completely clean, you may be having hardware
problems. Let's be sure it's clean first before going into that,
though.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers