Recently I noticed that when I tried to empty my Recycle Bin using the
Recycle Bin Tasks link, I wasn't able to. All the other commands are
working, however.

Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this? It's not really a big
deal, it's just that I don't have the training to figure this one out.

Thanks!

Any error messages? Or it does nothing?

Can you right click the Recycle Bin and Empty Recycle Bin?

Can you open the Recycle Bin, Select File and Empty Recycle Bin?

Do you have Norton Utilities?
Norton Protected Recycle Bin?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eyHPmOeoFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
mszablocky <mszablocky@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
> Recently I noticed that when I tried to empty my Recycle Bin using the
> Recycle Bin Tasks link, I wasn't able to. All the other commands are
> working, however.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this? It's not really a
> big deal, it's just that I don't have the training to figure this one out.
>
> Thanks!

No error messages, the link is just dead when I click on it. I am able to
right-click the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin, and the File>Empty
Recycle Bin still works. I am not running any Norton products on this
machine.

> Any error messages? Or it does nothing?
>
> Can you right click the Recycle Bin and Empty Recycle Bin?
>
> Can you open the Recycle Bin, Select File and Empty Recycle Bin?
>
> Do you have Norton Utilities?
> Norton Protected Recycle Bin?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eyHPmOeoFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> mszablocky <mszablocky@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
>> Recently I noticed that when I tried to empty my Recycle Bin using the
>> Recycle Bin Tasks link, I wasn't able to. All the other commands are
>> working, however.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this? It's not really a
>> big deal, it's just that I don't have the training to figure this one
>> out.
>>
>> Thanks!

Every Common Tasks link I tried in every window that has them available
works. That's the strange thing, that only this one link seems to be broken.
Well, rather than drive myself crazy over it, I'll just let it go! I was
just curious to know why it stopped working.

Thanks so much for your help.

>I do not know how to fix it. To be honest I do not believe that I had ever
> seen that link in the Common Tasks pane before. I have my Recycle Bin
> folder set to open so small I normally cannot see the Common Tasks pane.
> had to resize it to even see the link. :)
>
> I always use the right click the Bin and Empty Recycle Bin myself.
>
> Common Tasks pane...
> [[You can display hyperlinks to common tasks in the left pane of your
> folder
> windows. The links provide quick access to file and folder management
> activities and other places on your computer, such as My Computer, Shared
> Documents, and My Network Places. Windows displays these links by default,
> so they may already be displayed in your folders. If they are not, you can
> use Folder Options to enable this feature.]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:uef6T1foFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
> mszablocky <mszablocky@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
>> No error messages, the link is just dead when I click on it. I am able
>> right-click the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin, and the
>> File>Empty Recycle Bin still works. I am not running any Norton products
>> on this machine.

>>> Any error messages? Or it does nothing?
>>>
>>> Can you right click the Recycle Bin and Empty Recycle Bin?
>>>
>>> Can you open the Recycle Bin, Select File and Empty Recycle Bin?
>>>
>>> Do you have Norton Utilities?
>>> Norton Protected Recycle Bin?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:eyHPmOeoFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
>>> mszablocky <mszablocky@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:

Sorry I didn't know a fix.

Keep looking back here for a week or so, maybe someone who knows will post
something.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:evnCM1goFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
mszablocky <mszablocky@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
> Every Common Tasks link I tried in every window that has them available
> works. That's the strange thing, that only this one link seems to be
> broken. Well, rather than drive myself crazy over it, I'll just let it
> go! I was just curious to know why it stopped working.
>
> Thanks so much for your help.

>> I do not know how to fix it. To be honest I do not believe that I had
>> ever seen that link in the Common Tasks pane before. I have my Recycle
>> Bin folder set to open so small I normally cannot see the Common Tasks
>> pane. I
>> had to resize it to even see the link. :)
>>
>> I always use the right click the Bin and Empty Recycle Bin myself.
>>
>> Common Tasks pane...
>> [[You can display hyperlinks to common tasks in the left pane of your
>> folder
>> windows. The links provide quick access to file and folder management
>> activities and other places on your computer, such as My Computer, Shared
>> Documents, and My Network Places. Windows displays these links by
>> default, so they may already be displayed in your folders. If they are
>> not, you can use Folder Options to enable this feature.]]
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:uef6T1foFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
>> mszablocky <mszablocky@verizon.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> No error messages, the link is just dead when I click on it. I am able
>>> right-click the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin, and the
>>> File>Empty Recycle Bin still works. I am not running any Norton products
>>> on this machine.

kelly

This generally has to do with BagsMRU, run line 2 to reset:

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com