wireless network security

Please excuse me if this is the wrong forum, but can anyone here help me on
how to make sure that my wireless network is secure? I've got two computers
hooked up, one wired, and one wireless. Both are operating fine, but I
can't seem to find out how to check if WEP is enabled and so forth. Thanks
for any help!
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless network security

    "Jim" <jmcconaughey@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Please excuse me if this is the wrong forum, but can anyone here help me
    > on how to make sure that my wireless network is secure? I've got two
    > computers hooked up, one wired, and one wireless. Both are operating
    > fine, but I can't seem to find out how to check if WEP is enabled and so
    > forth. Thanks for any help!

    Depending on the make and model of your Wireless Access Point (WAP), you'll
    connect to it by pointing your browser at it or installing the SNMP
    management software. That should get you to an interface that will allow
    you to examine the settings.

    Regards,

    Carl

    "Jim" <jmcconaughey@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
    | Please excuse me if this is the wrong forum, but can anyone here help me
    on
    | how to make sure that my wireless network is secure? I've got two
    computers
    | hooked up, one wired, and one wireless. Both are operating fine, but I
    | can't seem to find out how to check if WEP is enabled and so forth.
    Thanks
    | for any help!

    Securing your Wireless Network
    http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5405

    Exploiting and Protecting 802.11b Wireless Networks

    Information and advice to help you use wireless networking securely
    http://netsecurity.about.com/od/secureyourwifinetwork/

    --
    Doug

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.