XP search - duplicates files that are really only there once

Tags:
  • Windows XP
August 15, 2005 7:31:01 PM

A friend of mine has been trying to clean his HDD but had trouble while using
search,
he'd search for all MP3's so he could remove what he thought was duplicates.
when he deleted one it deleted all of them,

I looked at it and the files are only there once but the search shows it up
twice, thought it must be his file system or search index but when I got home
I tried it on all of my PC's and it does the same, search for music and its
lists duplicates (seems to be only music, txt log dll etc are fine)

any ideas why it does this

More about : search duplicates files

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:26:29 PM

Search for *.mp3 ?

I have 13, yes 13, *.mp3 files and Search finds only 13 *.mp3 files.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User