TECH: TZ with low voice volume

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 1, 2005 1:22:21 AM

I am having trouble with my TZ in that when there are voices in the game,
they are darn near inaudible. The regular Golden Earring background music
along with all of the other mode music is fine, but anything with voices is
very low in volume and is static filled. Are the voice elements of the
sound on a different speaker than the rest of the music? I've had my TZ
for about a year and half but I lived in an apartment so I had the volume
low there anyways so not to bother my neighbors too much, but now that I
have my own place I decided it was time to "crank it up". Any tips or
insight are appreicated.
thanks,
Eric

More about : tech low voice volume

July 1, 2005 2:47:52 AM

Do all your speakers work OK? Put your ear to each one and listen.
That's the first place to start.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 4:55:26 AM

Not a different speaker, but a different "channel" on
the sound board, perhaps. The game ROM revisions
also have some affect on the sounds in the game. 9.4H
should prove to be the "loudest".

You can also check your speakers by disconnecting
one lead from each, and read the voice coil resistance.
It wouldn't hurt to make sure before you go any farther
into the game or circuit boards.

--
Fred
TX

"Eric" <estrangeway@NOcharter.SPAMMERSnet> wrote in message news:ZL1xe.6453$302.1125@fe04.lga...
> I am having trouble with my TZ in that when there are voices in the game,
> they are darn near inaudible. The regular Golden Earring background music
> along with all of the other mode music is fine, but anything with voices is
> very low in volume and is static filled. Are the voice elements of the
> sound on a different speaker than the rest of the music? I've had my TZ
> for about a year and half but I lived in an apartment so I had the volume
> low there anyways so not to bother my neighbors too much, but now that I
> have my own place I decided it was time to "crank it up". Any tips or
> insight are appreicated.
> thanks,
> Eric

July 1, 2005 3:35:44 PM

It's possible you could have a rom chip/data issue- bad chip or corrupt data
in one of the chips- that would explain the "static" or often "scratchy"
sounds that can be heard when data is corrupt.

Also, the L-2 version of the U18 sound ROM chip (latest release) has some
changes to some of the sound effects volumes, so this upgrade may address
some of the issues you've had.

We can test your ROM chips and provide replacements if needed- e-mail for
more info or see our website at: www.actionpinball.com for all the details.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC