Sign in with
Your question

Ugrade HP

Last response: in Computer Brands
August 31, 2012 3:09:12 AM

Hi!
I have a HP Pavilion G6-1307ep here (only a couple of months old), and while reading the manual I saw that is possible to remove the processor. Then I was wondering about buying an i7-2629M and ugrade it, as well as ugrade the memory module to 8GB.
Now, can you tell me if it is possible? And would worth it?

More about : ugrade

September 1, 2012 4:43:38 PM

I think upgrading ram would be a good idea, an even better upgrade than the processor (IMO) would be to swap out the HDD for a SSD, get a USB external cage for your current hard drive (so you still have storage space). Right now the OCZ Vertex 4 128GB is $100 at newegg - that's a pretty good deal.
Just my $0.02
September 1, 2012 10:30:34 PM

Woa, thanks. Actually I can't find the processor, and it would be too expensive anyway. Hmm... a user told me I can only use a memory module of 6GB. Isn't possible o use the 8GB one? And should I format the computer and install the operating system in the SSD and leave the HDD only to install other stuff?
September 2, 2012 8:03:36 AM

Blavatsky said:
Woa, thanks. Actually I can't find the processor, and it would be too expensive anyway. Hmm... a user told me I can only use a memory module of 6GB. Isn't possible o use the 8GB one? And should I format the computer and install the operating system in the SSD and leave the HDD only to install other stuff?

While a single ram module may be limited to 6 GB, you have two ram slots so putting 2 each, 4GB modules, you'll get 8GB. Best to purchase the 8GB together as a "kit".
Thinking about the format thing, you may want to look at an SSD that comes with an OS transfer program, may make the swap easier
!