Need to also check the battery. Check output Voltage after a charge, and also after you have let the computer give you a warning that the battery is low.
The two biggest "killers" for chargers is (1) surge on the input side and (2) battery not telling the Power pack that it is charged - go to trickle current. Or the battery is "requesting" more current than the brick can supply for an extended time.
Thx for the info. I hadn't thought of that. The input was through a good surge protector,so probably not that. However this battery is not too good.I am lucky to get an hour out of it. More like 45 min. The system is 4yrs old, but never was a good battery, 2 hours tops when new. I have read that you should not leave the battery in when running on AC for extended periods.