What Bulbs to use in backbox IJ?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

What bulbs are used in the backbox, It looks like 555 in the white
sockets but what goes in the black sockets?
Mine came with 906 bulbs. Are these correct

I just bought some today for my Indiana Jones and they were 906 bulbs.
The game also uses 89 bulbs as well as the typical 47's.

Doug

Chris wrote:
> What bulbs are used in the backbox, It looks like 555 in the white
> sockets but what goes in the black sockets?
> Mine came with 906 bulbs. Are these correct

If the black ones are flashers, then 906 or 912. To check put 906's in
them, then go into flasher tests and check and see if they are flashers. (
hold the high power interlock switch on the coin door like you would when
checking solenoids ) LTG :)

"Chris" <profgrif@cox.net> wrote in message
> What bulbs are used in the backbox, It looks like 555 in the white
> sockets but what goes in the black sockets?
> Mine came with 906 bulbs. Are these correct

I checked, the black sockets are flashers. LTG :)

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> If the black ones are flashers, then 906 or 912. To check put 906's in
> them, then go into flasher tests and check and see if they are flashers. (
> hold the high power interlock switch on the coin door like you would when
> checking solenoids ) LTG :)
>
> "Chris" <profgrif@cox.net> wrote in message
> > What bulbs are used in the backbox, It looks like 555 in the white
> > sockets but what goes in the black sockets?
> > Mine came with 906 bulbs. Are these correct

why did TZ use 455 in the black flasher sockets? Could I have just
put 906's in there instead? thought the 906's are bigger than a 455 or
555. They came out the same year, so just curious.

906 is a bigger base, and a higher voltage. Won't fit, probably won't be
seen, and 906 doesn't flash by itself like the 455's do. TZ uses everything
on the solenoid driver board, so they would have had to make an extra driver
board to make those bulbs flash if they went with 906's. Cheaper then to use
a bulb that flashes by itself. LTG :)

"Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> why did TZ use 455 in the black flasher sockets? Could I have just
> put 906's in there instead? thought the 906's are bigger than a 455 or
> 555. They came out the same year, so just curious.

Make that #545, not #455. #545 bulbs flash by themselves. LTG :)

> 906 is a bigger base, and a higher voltage. Won't fit, probably won't be
> seen, and 906 doesn't flash by itself like the 455's do. TZ uses
everything
> on the solenoid driver board, so they would have had to make an extra
driver
> board to make those bulbs flash if they went with 906's. Cheaper then to
use
> a bulb that flashes by itself. LTG :)
>

> "Nwojedi" <nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > why did TZ use 455 in the black flasher sockets? Could I have just
> > put 906's in there instead? thought the 906's are bigger than a 455 or
> > 555. They came out the same year, so just curious.

Those are actually 545 lamps in the black sockets on TZ. It's probably
less confusing to call them "blinker bulbs" instead of flashers; that helps to
differentiate bulbs that blink on and off due to an internal bi-metallic strip
as opposed to lamps such as the 906 that are used as "flash lamps". A flash
lamp is a standard incandescent lamp that is operated at a higher voltage than
normal rating for a short interval to produce a higher output of visible
light.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <1120237371.212804.280510@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Nwojedi"
<nwojedi@hotmail.com> wrote:
>why did TZ use 455 in the black flasher sockets? Could I have just
>put 906's in there instead? thought the 906's are bigger than a 455 or
>555. They came out the same year, so just curious.

yea my bad, i knew they were 545. misprint on my part but lloyd knew
what i was talking about :). i switched mine over to 455, due to the
high cost of 545's.