I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL speakers.
Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in some
speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.

Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
play my sound/volume loudly?

--
Italia5239

Italia5239 wrote:
> I just bought a brand new computer, and it came with some JBL speakers.
> Well, they weren't outputting sound what so ever. So I plugged in some
> speakers from another computer, and it seems like with the volume all
> the way up on every single control, the music is still whispering.
>
> Is there a new driver or something I need to install to allow me to
> play my sound/volume loudly?

Does "every single control" include the Windows onscreen mixer control?

Is you computer equiped with sound acceleration on the motherboard or a
sound card? In the Device Manager what devices show in the "Sound video
and game controllers" branch (Control Panel|System Properties|Hardware tab)?

Was your computer configured (hardware AND software) by the manufacturer
or retailer? You may be entitled to support under a warranty or
maintenence agreement. Don't be afraid to request a supervisor if the
first telephone support operator you speak to is unable to identify the
cause of your problem.