Hello,

When I logon to the computer I keep getting a windows error message. I
keep clicking on OK and it does not come right back but after a couple of
minutes or even a couple of hours it comes back. Listed is the error
message that I keep getting.

policies\{a81E84E2-8ED8-4695-88D1-2E2AE13CF2DB}\
user\script\Login\IFMEMBEREY E is not a valid Win 32 appl.

Thanks

kelly

It is a login script. Check with who wrote it or applied it. More info can
be found by searching for the policy within your system. Good luck!

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I logon to the computer I keep getting a windows error message. I
> keep clicking on OK and it does not come right back but after a couple
> of
> minutes or even a couple of hours it comes back. Listed is the error
> message that I keep getting.
>

> policies\{a81E84E2-8ED8-4695-88D1-2E2AE13CF2DB}\
> user\script\Login\IFMEMBEREY E is not a valid Win 32 appl.
>
> Thanks

There is login script assigned in Group Policy on your domain
It is calling a tool named ifmember.exe, this is used to tell if your a
member of a group.
It looks like the program may be corrupted, try replacing it.
It may be more complex than that, but try that first.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I logon to the computer I keep getting a windows error message. I
> keep clicking on OK and it does not come right back but after a couple
> of
> minutes or even a couple of hours it comes back. Listed is the error
> message that I keep getting.
>

> policies\{a81E84E2-8ED8-4695-88D1-2E2AE13CF2DB}\
> user\script\Login\IFMEMBEREY E is not a valid Win 32 appl.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

How would I replace the the ifmember.exe

Thanks
--
astro44

"Mark Dormer" wrote:

> There is login script assigned in Group Policy on your domain
> It is calling a tool named ifmember.exe, this is used to tell if your a
> member of a group.
> It looks like the program may be corrupted, try replacing it.
> It may be more complex than that, but try that first.
>
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
>
> "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I logon to the computer I keep getting a windows error message. I
> > keep clicking on OK and it does not come right back but after a couple
> > of
> > minutes or even a couple of hours it comes back. Listed is the error
> > message that I keep getting.
> >

> > policies\{a81E84E2-8ED8-4695-88D1-2E2AE13CF2DB}\
> > user\script\Login\IFMEMBEREY E is not a valid Win 32 appl.
> >
> > Thanks

Can you supply more info?
Is this a home PC or a company one?
Is it a member of a domain or standalone?

--
Regards
Mark Dormer

> Hello,
>
> How would I replace the the ifmember.exe
>
> Thanks
> --
> astro44
>

> "Mark Dormer" wrote:
>
>> There is login script assigned in Group Policy on your domain
>> It is calling a tool named ifmember.exe, this is used to tell if your a
>> member of a group.
>> It looks like the program may be corrupted, try replacing it.
>> It may be more complex than that, but try that first.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mark Dormer
>>
>> "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > When I logon to the computer I keep getting a windows error message.
>> > keep clicking on OK and it does not come right back but after a
>> > couple
>> > of
>> > minutes or even a couple of hours it comes back. Listed is the error
>> > message that I keep getting.
>> >

>> > policies\{a81E84E2-8ED8-4695-88D1-2E2AE13CF2DB}\
>> > user\script\Login\IFMEMBEREY E is not a valid Win 32 appl.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Hi Mark,

The computer is a member of a Domain.

Thanks,

--
astro44

"Mark Dormer" wrote:

> Can you supply more info?
> Is this a home PC or a company one?
> Is it a member of a domain or standalone?
>
> --
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
> How to ask a newsgroup question:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>

> "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > How would I replace the the ifmember.exe
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > astro44
> >

> > "Mark Dormer" wrote:
> >
> >> There is login script assigned in Group Policy on your domain
> >> It is calling a tool named ifmember.exe, this is used to tell if your a
> >> member of a group.
> >> It looks like the program may be corrupted, try replacing it.
> >> It may be more complex than that, but try that first.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Mark Dormer
> >>
> >> "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Malke

Jessica@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> The computer is a member of a Domain.
>
> Thanks,

Then, as Kelly said, you need to check with your IT Dept. One of their
startup scripts is having a problem.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers