How to remove write protection for a pen drive

sayufsmd

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
i got a pen drive last night and filled it with images and now when i tried to format it it is showing"check to see that the disk and drive are properly connected,make sure that the disk is not read only and then try again" how can i format it...pls help me out

So you got this pen drive and filled it with images and now you want to format it? It sounds like the pen drive may have a password ? Did you buy this new or used ? If you can load images on it then you should be able to access it and format it if that's what you want to do. Pen drives do not come with write protectoion enabled.

sayufsmd

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Its actually a new one, but used for couple of times..then after don't know what happened.its showing the pen drive is write protected..now the problem is i cant use it or format it..pls tell me how to remove the write protection...

Did you load something that is write proetected ? When a usb drive is write protected it becomes read only and that is something that is a setting that you can check to enable by right cloicking the usb drive in computer and selecting properties , then you select read only and that write protects the data on the drive. The only reason to do that is to protect the data that is on the drive from being erased or changed in some way but you can still see the data or in this case images.
Now you have stated that when you got the usb stick you filled it with images and then the next day you wanted to format theusb stick, that makes no sense. The images that you loaded the day before you no longer want ?

sayufsmd

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
i used it for transferring the images from one laptop to the other... i don't know whether any of the pic in it is write protected.but after transferring it i could not able to format it,,i don't even understand what the reason is.....

A usb stick does not come with write protection enabled it's something that you have to enable , some of the usb sticks will have a switch on the end of the stick to turn it on or off and some have a switch that is activated by twisting the end in one direction or another.