8gb ddr3 ram
big foot killer wireless-N
fingerprint security
1080p screen
GeForce graphics.

what are your guys thoughts?

halcyon

Splendid
Inferring that your primary use is not gaming I'd take a serious look at the MacBook Pro's. Why? Well they're ubiquitous. We know the quality is high. ...and we know they're not cheap either (whether or not the price is justified is often debated). Think about this, if you want parts or accessories customized for your laptop you can almost go to McDonald's and get that for your MacBook. If your laptop needs servicing there are a lot more venues for that than for the Sager. I'm not saying the Sager isn't a fine laptop, because it is...a lot of bang for the buck indeed. ...but I'd tend to head for the known quantity of the MacBook Pro and all it has to offer, not only in performance, quality, and the aforementioned, but in resale value as well. In that respect the Sager can't even dream of competing.

my 5 cents worth.

G

You can find NP9130 upgraded with newer processor (150 extra) and graphics card (150 extra for Radeon 4970M, which is a beast) . Renders my videos around 3-5 times faster than my work mac. As performance go, there truly is no contest.

halcyon

Splendid
You can find NP9130 upgraded with newer processor (150 extra) and graphics card (150 extra for Radeon 4970M, which is a beast) . Renders my videos around 3-5 times faster than my work mac. As performance go, there truly is no contest.
How contemporary is your work Mac? My 6-core Xeon Mac Pro w/24GB of RAM tends to be pretty nasty.