Helio wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?

PARDON' MOI... I forgot to tell you that what you wanna do is
impossible.

"Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?

You can disable the Safe boot option in msconfig if you have selected this
option to have a normal boot.

Type "msconfig" in the run dialog box then go to the Boot.ini tab and
unchecked "/SAFEBOOT". Restart your system.

--
William

Is this pc (Windows) stuck in Safe Mode, & coming up in Safe mode all the time?
Are you seeing any error messages at bootup ?

Do this part very carefully: Use the Run option from main Start menu. In the Run window-dialog, type in
MSCONFIG <Enter-key>

Just look at the tab (click it) labeled BOOT.INI

if and only if the check box for SAFEBOOT is on, click it in order to clear the selection. Press Apply, & OK.
Logoff and restart Windows.

Safe mode is a very useful mode. One does not disable it, as such. It's used by choice.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"Helio" wrote
> Hi all,
>
> how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?
>
> Helio

Are you trying to disable the ability to boot into safe mode or are you
stuck in safe mode?

--
Manny Borges
MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
-- Marty Feldman
"Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?
>
> Helio

Helio

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2004

Yes, just it !

I´d like to disable safe mode option at F8 start up menu.

Helio

"Manny Borges" wrote:

> Are you trying to disable the ability to boot into safe mode or are you
> stuck in safe mode?
>
> --
> Manny Borges
> MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)
> MCT, Certified Cheese Master
>
> The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
> -- Marty Feldman
> "Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?
> >
> > Helio

Helio,
Safe mode option after using F8, as part of selective startup options, is part of the standard Windows load options.
There's no way, that I know of, to disable that in the usual options in Windows.

WHY are you trying to do this? It is ill-advised because someday Windows may have a problem and not start in normal mode, and you'd be desperate to have Safe Mode.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User