disable safe boot

Hi all,

how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?

Helio
6 answers Last reply
More about disable safe boot

    Helio wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?

    PARDON' MOI... I forgot to tell you that what you wanna do is
    impossible.

    "Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?

    You can disable the Safe boot option in msconfig if you have selected this
    option to have a normal boot.

    Type "msconfig" in the run dialog box then go to the Boot.ini tab and
    unchecked "/SAFEBOOT". Restart your system.

    --
    William

    Is this pc (Windows) stuck in Safe Mode, & coming up in Safe mode all the time?
    Are you seeing any error messages at bootup ?

    Do this part very carefully: Use the Run option from main Start menu. In the Run window-dialog, type in
    MSCONFIG <Enter-key>

    Just look at the tab (click it) labeled BOOT.INI

    if and only if the check box for SAFEBOOT is on, click it in order to clear the selection. Press Apply, & OK.
    Logoff and restart Windows.

    Safe mode is a very useful mode. One does not disable it, as such. It's used by choice.
    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    "Helio" wrote
    > Hi all,
    >
    > how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?
    >
    > Helio

    Are you trying to disable the ability to boot into safe mode or are you
    stuck in safe mode?

    --
    Manny Borges
    MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)

    The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
    -- Marty Feldman
    "Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?
    >
    > Helio

    Yes, just it !

    I´d like to disable safe mode option at F8 start up menu.

    Helio

    "Manny Borges" wrote:

    > Are you trying to disable the ability to boot into safe mode or are you
    > stuck in safe mode?
    >
    > --
    > Manny Borges
    > MCSE NT4-2003 (+ Security)
    > MCT, Certified Cheese Master
    >
    > The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with.
    > -- Marty Feldman
    > "Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > how can i disable safe boot mode in XP ?
    > >
    > > Helio

    Helio,
    Safe mode option after using F8, as part of selective startup options, is part of the standard Windows load options.
    There's no way, that I know of, to disable that in the usual options in Windows.

    WHY are you trying to do this? It is ill-advised because someday Windows may have a problem and not start in normal mode, and you'd be desperate to have Safe Mode.
    --
    Maurice N
    MVP Windows - Shell / User

    Helio wrote:
    > Yes, just it !
    >
    > I´d like to disable safe mode option at F8 start up menu.
    >
    > Helio

Boot Microsoft Windows XP