repairing damaged services in xp?

I have a Toshiba tablet PC XP2;
It boots up very slowly and I have narrowed down issue to two services which
when enabled cause the problem.
Workstation and Network Location awareness services.
When disabled, the machine boots fine. But is useless unless the services
are started manually.

Is there any way I can 'fix' these without reinstalling?

thanks

Try R.clicking my computer,properties,advanced,start up-recovery,in the OS
box,by default xp should have "fast detect" as the last words,if more is
added,
then edit,and delete.

"elmurado" wrote:

> I have a Toshiba tablet PC XP2;
> It boots up very slowly and I have narrowed down issue to two services which
> when enabled cause the problem.
> Workstation and Network Location awareness services.
> When disabled, the machine boots fine. But is useless unless the services
> are started manually.
>
> Is there any way I can 'fix' these without reinstalling?
>
> thanks

Thanks for the tip. i will try that and see how it goes.

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Try R.clicking my computer,properties,advanced,start up-recovery,in the OS
> box,by default xp should have "fast detect" as the last words,if more is
> added,
> then edit,and delete.
>
> "elmurado" wrote:
>
> > I have a Toshiba tablet PC XP2;
> > It boots up very slowly and I have narrowed down issue to two services which
> > when enabled cause the problem.
> > Workstation and Network Location awareness services.
> > When disabled, the machine boots fine. But is useless unless the services
> > are started manually.
> >
> > Is there any way I can 'fix' these without reinstalling?
> >
> > thanks

Yes, the machine is part of the domain at work and also part of wireless
network at home.

The problem occurs at both places.

The machine needs GPO's etc and also syncs/redirects folders.