Desktop Blanks Out When Clicking Easy Share Icon

I recently got a new PC and Kodak Easy Share camera. When I installed the
Easy Share software it seemed to install with no problem. When I click on
the Easy Share icon on my desktop the screen goes black for a second or two,
then comes back on, taking me into the Easy Share program. (the program
itself seems to run fine) The same thing happens when I close Easy
Share...again, my computer screen goes blank...This does not happen when I
click on any other desktop icons. I do not know if this is something I can
"fix" myself, or if I should contact Kodak customer support? As a fairly new
computer user I would appreciate any advice that could steer me in the right
direction to get this resolved. Thanks!
--
laray

Malke

laray wrote:

> I recently got a new PC and Kodak Easy Share camera. When I installed
> the
> Easy Share software it seemed to install with no problem. When I
> click on the Easy Share icon on my desktop the screen goes black for a
> second or two, then comes back on, taking me into the Easy Share
> program. (the program
> itself seems to run fine) The same thing happens when I close Easy
> Share...again, my computer screen goes blank...This does not happen
> when I
> click on any other desktop icons. I do not know if this is something
> I can
> "fix" myself, or if I should contact Kodak customer support? As a
> fairly new computer user I would appreciate any advice that could
> steer me in the right
> direction to get this resolved. Thanks!

You should probably look on Kodak's tech support site for this product
and see if there are any known issues, patches, and/or workarounds. I
can tell you from experience with clients' machines that EasyShare is a
problematic program and causes difficulties quite a lot. That is not to
say that it may not work well for some people; just that I've seen a
lot of machines have problems with it.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

It's easy, that one.
The program changes the resolution of your screen. It's nothing to worry
about, perfectly normal.