Desktop Blanks Out When Clicking Easy Share Icon

I recently got a new PC and Kodak Easy Share camera. When I installed the
Easy Share software it seemed to install with no problem. When I click on
the Easy Share icon on my desktop the screen goes black for a second or two,
then comes back on, taking me into the Easy Share program. (the program
itself seems to run fine) The same thing happens when I close Easy
Share...again, my computer screen goes blank...This does not happen when I
click on any other desktop icons. I do not know if this is something I can
"fix" myself, or if I should contact Kodak customer support? As a fairly new
computer user I would appreciate any advice that could steer me in the right
direction to get this resolved. Thanks!
--
laray
2 answers Last reply

    laray wrote:

    > I recently got a new PC and Kodak Easy Share camera. When I installed
    > the
    > Easy Share software it seemed to install with no problem. When I
    > click on the Easy Share icon on my desktop the screen goes black for a
    > second or two, then comes back on, taking me into the Easy Share
    > program. (the program
    > itself seems to run fine) The same thing happens when I close Easy
    > Share...again, my computer screen goes blank...This does not happen
    > when I
    > click on any other desktop icons. I do not know if this is something
    > I can
    > "fix" myself, or if I should contact Kodak customer support? As a
    > fairly new computer user I would appreciate any advice that could
    > steer me in the right
    > direction to get this resolved. Thanks!

    You should probably look on Kodak's tech support site for this product
    and see if there are any known issues, patches, and/or workarounds. I
    can tell you from experience with clients' machines that EasyShare is a
    problematic program and causes difficulties quite a lot. That is not to
    say that it may not work well for some people; just that I've seen a
    lot of machines have problems with it.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    It's easy, that one.
    The program changes the resolution of your screen. It's nothing to worry
    about, perfectly normal.

    "laray" wrote:

    > I recently got a new PC and Kodak Easy Share camera. When I installed the
    > Easy Share software it seemed to install with no problem. When I click on
    > the Easy Share icon on my desktop the screen goes black for a second or two,
    > then comes back on, taking me into the Easy Share program. (the program
    > itself seems to run fine) The same thing happens when I close Easy
    > Share...again, my computer screen goes blank...This does not happen when I
    > click on any other desktop icons. I do not know if this is something I can
    > "fix" myself, or if I should contact Kodak customer support? As a fairly new
    > computer user I would appreciate any advice that could steer me in the right
    > direction to get this resolved. Thanks!
    > --
    > laray

Desktops Windows XP