Need help fixing my computer!

G

Hey everyone.

I was using my desktop this morning, and it was fine. The internet was working, programs were starting up, and my computer was running pretty nicely (no lag or anything like that.)

About four hours later, Google Chrome crashed. Chrome literally closed, and then a message popped up saying something along the lines of that Google Chrome had crashed, and was asking if I wanted to reload Chrome, which I did.

So, I wait for Chrome to start, and then once it started, I typed an address (it was like Facebook or something like that) and then all of a sudden it crashes again, and the same message pops up saying that Chrome has crashed and whatnot.

So, I try to open up Google Chrome again, but this time, instead of loading the browser, that same message just pops up saying that Coogle Chrome has crashed. The browser hadn't even started up yet, so... yeah...

I know Chrome isn't having a bad day, because I'm on my laptop right now using Chrome, and have been using it for the last two hours.

ALSO programs won't run. Only some programs will run. The Firefox installer won't run, etc, and my computer seems to be a little slow all around.

EDIT:

I completely forgot to mention that Windows Update ran recently, and I've only started experiencing these programs since AFTER running Windows Update

G

I think I just found the virus(s)

Going into Task Manager and looking through my process, I discovered that there are five "programs" that are running called atieclxx.exe, csrss.exe, winlogin.exe, wisptis.exe, and Pen_Tablet.exe. There's no description for any of them, and when I try and stop any of them from running, a message pops up for all of them saying that access is denied.

Apparently (from the minimal research I've done on all of them,) these viruses steal personal information from the users computer, as well as do other things.

G

Even in safe mode, none of my virus programs are running... I've even tried downloading them (and other virus programs) onto a flash drive (from my other computer) and then tried using them through my flash drive, but they won't run either...

chugot9218

Honorable
I was going to say that it is possible the virus is masquerading as one of those processes, I would be especially concerned about them if I was sure I had not installed anything tablet related. You tried downloading MalwareBytes and running that in safe mode and it was a no go?

G

If I take the hard drive out of my desktop and hook it up to my laptop, will the virus latch onto my laptops hard drive do you think, or will I be able to plug in my hard drive from my desktop into my laptop without spreading the virus to my laptop, or...?

That's my preferred way to do it. There's no danger of cross contamination.

G

I've downloaded Malwarebytes, ClamWin, AVG, and Avest, and it doesn't matter what any of these programs are installed onto (flash drive, portable HDD, main internal HDD) NONE of these programs run AT ALL!!

chugot9218

Honorable
Well, what you can do is a non-destructive install by booting into the Windows recovery menu. It will give you the option to do a destructive install which basically formats your drive and removes all your data, but if you do the other option, I think it's a repair install, it will move all your old data to a windows.old folder. This was the procedure I had to do when I got a nasty virus on my laptop, it wouldn't let me open an AV or any internet browsers. I had to do a repair install or two and then I ran my AV and anti-malware, and voila, it found a virus in the windows.old folder. I let the AV take care of it, grabbed the data I needed, and did a full/destructive install so I could start fresh.

valoxhd

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
Personally I would try and use internet explorer but, in your case I wouldn't be too positive that it would work but, what you can do and I understand if you do not trust me is mail your computer to me and I can fix it to my abilities for a fixed price of $40