Tech : STTNG ball not launching

Hi

Just got my new STTNG home from 150 miles trek nice playfield no wear
not been in arcade or pub............

had a problem turning on had some loose connecters worked loose put them
back in boot up OK put it into Freeplay press start ball does not lunch
just canons keep firing no balls.................

Any comment please on what to do next Thanks

J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow Bad Cats Diner STTNG (TAF sold)

http://www.deltatango.freeserve.co.uk/slots.html
WELCOME TO THE PINBALL LOUNGE UK

Terry C

1. Check for correct # of balls, there should be 6
2. Check trough optos
3. Check fuses

It is likely a intermittent or non working opto in the trough or a
stuck ball/non working opto somewhere in the playfield. Just go thru
the switch test and coil test to see if you can find out where the
problem originates.

There should be 4 balls in the trough and 2 balls located on the
playfield when you initially start the game.

Others shall have more input I am sure.

Duke

Your explanation of what you did is not clear???

Let me reiterate. It has to do with the optos. The game is unable to
sense were the a certain ball/s are located and therefore it will not
start the game.

There is likely a stuck ball due to diverter coils not working, optos,
or tough optos...

There should be 6 balls in the game total. 4 of them should be in the
trough and 2 on the playfield. I forget exactly where. Take a look to
see if u have 4 balls in the trough before u press the "start" button.
I am guessing when u press "start" It says. Locating balls and but
never finds it.

This is likely a stuck ball or malfunctioning opto that does not tell
the game the ball is and where it is suppose to be , hence, the game
will not start.

Duke

Also, Jelle is right about the coil on the ball launcher not working
too. It could be loose wires , etc... I say go with the ball lauch
coil test first.. then do the optos

Good advice. You can use the eject all balls feature to count them. I
believe this is in the self diagnostics menu.

Mark Hooks

"Dukester" <duke1234@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 1. Check for correct # of balls, there should be 6
> 2. Check trough optos
> 3. Check fuses
>
> It is likely a intermittent or non working opto in the trough or a
> stuck ball/non working opto somewhere in the playfield. Just go thru
> the switch test and coil test to see if you can find out where the
> problem originates.
>
> There should be 4 balls in the trough and 2 balls located on the
> playfield when you initially start the game.
>
> Others shall have more input I am sure.
>
> Duke

Looked around in the trough done a bit of poking
etc run through a few test but cannot get the ball
to start off the game can put in manually and next
ball wont start ........

--
Hi

"Terry C" <t.cooper@deltatango.freeserve.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> Looked around in the trough done a bit of poking
> etc run through a few test but cannot get the ball
> to start off the game can put in manually and next
> ball wont start ........

Did you go into the solenoid test?
Perhaps the ball-kicker (the one which delivers the ball into the
shooter-lane) is broken. Bad-coil, loose wire or bad diode.
In the solenoid test you can test all different coils.

--
Jelle Nelemans - The Netherlands
________________________________

Hi

The ball launch is working because it can shoot the balls onto the playfield
when you ask it to remove all balls...............

There is six balls..........

..:*'""*:..-:¦:-.J*B SoF ToM IJ TZ HS2 Shadow Bad Cats Diner ST:TNG.-
:|:-.:*'''''*:.

> Also, Jelle is right about the coil on the ball launcher not working
> too. It could be loose wires , etc... I say go with the ball lauch
> coil test first.. then do the optos

Hi

Just to complete this thread I found the problem it
was a wire loose in J118 pos 2 grey put it back
all works fine well at least all my opto's got a clean

BTW the Pin is reputed to be EX Roger Taylor's
of Queen has some writing in manual that mentions
Roger Taylor and the previous owner confirms this

Well if anyone has anything to add like "Yes I played this
machine at Roger Taylor's "

Well it adds a bit of a twist to it..................

Have Fun I'm off to clean play etc STT:NG